African Legend is a nonprofit organisation run by passionate individuals who are determined to improve South Africa’s socio-economic situation by offering educational and skills development programmes for children from disadvantage areas. Projects include extra classes, maths and physics experiments, educational excursion, youth festivals, and sport events.
African Legend seeks to appoint Volunteer Teachers to volunteer in its Grade 8-12 for Maths, Physics, Business, Accounting and/or English classes, based in City Centre, Delft or Du Noon in Cape Town.
- Teach either maths, physics, accounting or English classes in Grade 8-12 in Du Noon, Delft or Cape Town Library City Centre;
- Minimum of one class per week either on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or/and Thursday between 14h00-17h00 or Sat between 9h00 to 12h00, 60 minutes per class;
- Send feedback reports evaluating class performance on a weekly basis;
- 90 minutes every two months for meeting;
- We understand and appreciate that everyone’s time is precious and want to ensure that your contribution is most effective. Hence, we typically work in line with the Western Cape school curriculum for each subject and have evaluation systems in place to ensure successful outcomes for both tutors and students;
- African Legend uses available school material based on the curricula for Gr 8-12 to provide structured classes;
- Teacher / Tutors will learn how to develop lessons to meet the specific needs of their students.
- Completed or currently studying for a tertiary qualification (Proof required);
- Teachers must know how to read, and write, be fluent in English and have a natural affinity to the subject he/she is teaching;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Optimistic and resilient;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong sense of social responsibility and should be genuinely interested in helping youth to improve skills;
- Commit to teach a minimum of one class per week for the duration of at least three months;
- Must have own transport or be willing to travel to Du Noon and Delft by bus / taxi.
- Note that this position is voluntary and will not be reimbursed.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If your application has been successful, African Legend will send you a registration form which you need to complete and email back to us. Thereafter, we will arrange an interview with you.
For more about African Legend, refer to www.africanlegend.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.