African Legend is a nonprofit organisation run by passionate individuals who are determined to improve South Africa’s socio-economic situation by offering educational and skills development programmes for youths from poverty-stricken areas in Cape Town. Projects include extra classes, maths and physics experiments, educational excursion, youth festivals, and sport events.
African Legend seeks to appoint a Volunteer Accounting Teacher, based in Du Noon, Cape Town.
The Volunteer Accounting Teacher should be passionate about Maths and Physics and the development of teenagers and spare 1-2 hours on Saturdays to teach in African Legend’s Gr 10-12 Accounting classes.
- Teach accounting classes in Grade 10-12 in Du Noon, 1-2 classes on Saturdays, 60 minutes per class;
- Send feedback reports evaluating class performance on a weekly basis;
- 90 minutes every two months for staff meeting;
- We understand and appreciate that everyone’s time is precious and want to ensure that your contribution is most effective. Hence, we typically work in line with the Western Cape school curriculum for each subject and have evaluation systems in place to ensure successful outcomes for both tutors and students;
- African Legend uses available school material based on the curricula for G10-12 to provide structured Maths classes. Teacher/Tutors will learn how to develop lessons to meet the specific needs of their students.
- Have completed or currently studying for a tertiary qualification. (Proof will be required);
- Teachers must know how to read, and write, be fluent in English and have a natural affinity to Accounting;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Teaching experience is essential;
- Optimistic and resilient;
- Sense of social responsibility and should be genuinely interested in helping youth to improve their Accouting skills;
- Commit to teach a minimum of one class per week for the duration of at least three months;
- Must have own transport or be willing to travel to Du Noon by bus/taxi.
- Note that this position is voluntary and will not be reimbursed.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Delphin, Tel: 083 416 3583.
If your application has been successful, African Legend will send you a registration form which you need to complete and email back to us. Thereafter, we will arrange an interview with you.
For more about African Legend, refer to www.africanlegend.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.