African Grantmakers' Network
African Grantmakers’ Network (AGN) is a nonprofit, continent-wide network of African grant making organisations that facilitates established and emerging African philanthropic institutions to network and learn from each other.
AGN secretariat seeks to appoint Communications Specialist, based in Johannesburg.
The person will develop and maintain communications systems and tools, and communicating to AGN constituency a diversity of frameworks/tools such as governance policies, strategic frameworks, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and other management tools.
The person will report to the AGN Coordinator.
- Oversight in planning, coordinating and implementing all communications strategies for the AGN secretariat;
- Develop systems on communications and outreach to members, incorporating the media platforms, and other regional and international partners of the AGN;
- Oversight in AGN campaigns and calendar of information relating to events and activities that may be of necessity to AGN members to amplify the AGN voice and agenda for philanthropy;
- Prepare and disseminate popular versions of the AGN strategic documents through fact sheets, brochures, advertisements, press releases, e-newsletters and news stories;
- Design, coordinate, and provide quality assurance relating to well branded communication materials, and monitor the media coverage of AGN in respective countries;
- Regularly update the AGN website with real time information relating to activities of AGN member organizations and those of the secretariat;
- Develop a data base of press and media players, for the AGN repository, and for sharing among AGN members and other external philanthropic partners in Africa;
- Coordinate with other AGN Secretariat staff in the preparation and undertaking of the AGN communication evaluations, and identifying AGN communication and awareness needs to ensure effective information sharing and peer learning.
- Bachelor’s degree, with not less than three years of experience in a relevant work experience in communications;
- Demonstrated ability and in-depth knowledge of social media platforms for communicating the AGN work;
- As a key custodian on communicating AGN value base, you should demonstrate values and principles of mutual respect, inclusiveness, accountability, transparency, integrity, innovation and non-discrimination.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the Coordinator – AGN, C/O Southern Africa Trust, Postnet Suite 100, Private Bag X121, Midrand, 1685, South Africa.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the African Grantmakers’ Network, refer to www.africangrantmakersnetwork.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.