Africa Health Placements
Africa Health Placements (AHP)is a dynamic South African social profit organisation working to address extreme inequities in access to healthcare on the continent. This is achieved through health workforce planning, recruitment, workforce support and human resources in health consulting services. AHP is headed up by CEO Saul Kornik, a 2013 Yale World Fellow. It is a vibrant team of 46 passionate professionals, approximately 30 of whom work from the head office in Johannesburg. AHP defines itself as 'social profit' because its work, while mostly donor-funded, delivers profit in terms of improved healthcare and social indicators.
Africa Health Placements seeks to appoint a Workforce Planning Officer (Project Leadership), based in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will be a strategic and analytical leader to work on an innovative new service offering - workforce planning, with the aim of distributing scare health resources to where they will best affect those who need them the most.
- Develop AHP as a leader in South African workforce planning for public health;
- Visit urban and rural districts to understand information management challenges on the ground and developing and refining methods accordingly;
- Connect with AHP site assessors who collect information at facility level;
- Apply superior strategic analytical capability to develop collected data into comprehensive workforce plans;
- Build government buy-in for AHP workforce planning methods;
- Progressively taking over as the project leader by November 2013;
- Develop AHP’s internal capability to perform workforce planning exercises in the future.
- Appropriate tertiary degree required;
- Postgraduate degree preferred;
- Minimum three to five years’ experience, preferably relating to analysis, strategic consulting or a similar field (i.e. experience in structuring and problem solving);
- Knowledge of South African public health sector not required (although an advantage), but passion for making a difference is essential;
- Strategic and analytical ability (including strong numerical ability);
- Ability to translate information to insights;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Structured thinking;
- Effective presentation of findings and recommendations;
- Ability to develop / build capacity in others;
- Role will involve frequent travel to rural health facilities.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africa Health Placements, refer to www.ahp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.