Africa Health Placements NPC
Africa Health Placements (AHP) is a dynamic South African-based social profit organisation working to address the extreme inequities in access to healthcare on the continent through human resource solutions. AHP currently offers culture strategy consulting, health workforce planning, recruitment, workforce retention initiatives and an expanding portfolio of human resources in health advisory services. The organisation’s mission targets health access for the most indigent, partnering governments, civil society and private sector to do so.
AHP seeks to appoint a Human Capital Officer to be based in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
As AHP works to improve the human resources of other institutions, the organisation has a strong focus on its own strategy and practices, using innovative and cutting-edge methodologies and approaches. The organisation has codified its culture, articulating this culture as measurable behaviours. This culture framework forms the basis of an integrated talent management approach. The Human Capital Officer is responsible for this area of the business. For this reason this position reports directly in to AHP’s COO.
- Understand the AHP approach to culture and integrated talent management;
- Lead the strategic thinking as to how to embed this approach in all aspects of talent management;
- Implement, monitor and maintain integrated people processes and policies through AHP line managers that find, grow and keep the right people;
- Ensure people processes and policies are legally compliant;
- Conduct human capital database administration (who we’ve got, their contract and their package, vacant roles); and
- Deliver the AHP customer experience.
- Degree in Organisational/ Industrial Psychology, though other relevant degrees will also be considered;
- Minimum of two years working in a consulting environment;
- Preferably knowledge of HR policies and processes, particularly recruitment, performance management, employee engagement;
- Proficiency in MS Office - including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Strategic thinking and implementation critical;
- Ability to connect (listen, identify emotional need, clarify understanding, accept different ideas, ensure language and style serve the relationship);
- Ability to plan (think through approach, use research and information to inform, turn the need into clear and realistic objectives, identify what, when, who and how necessary to achieve objectives, define and document a clear plan);
- Ability to keep people informed (identify appropriate communication channels, commit to defined dates and time, explain the why, what, how and who, build buy in and confidence by using appropriate language and style, proactive in sharing information);
- Ability to deliver (define commitments clearly, deliver on commitments, deliver when promised, adapt to unforeseen circumstances, remain calm under pressure, maintain healthy perspective, collaborate effectively); and
- Ability to lead for growth (seek out opportunities to learn, seek out feedback from others on how to improve, share learnings in a structured way so that others can benefit, encourage new and innovative approaches).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africa Health Placements, refer to www.ahp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.