The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
ActionAid works with over 13 million of the world’s poorest and excluded in over 40 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
ActionAid Zimbabwe seeks to appoint a Sustainable Agriculture and DRR Volunteer, based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The person will assist Program and Policy Manager in carrying out of Climate Resilient sustainable Agriculture and DRR activities.
This is a seven-month contract position.
Starting date: Immediately.
- Assist in planning for the carrying out relevant training (communities and partner staff);
- Assist in development of situational reports and donor reports;
- Participate in meetings at the request of the PPM;
- Network with other organisations and government institutions at local level;
- Provide support at the request of PPM to partners to effectively and efficiently implement project initiatives;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of projects, programmes and partners;
- Conduct research work.
- Working towards obtaining a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, nutrition, development studies, agriculture and/or relevant field;
- Recent graduate for social sciences, development studies , agricultural or relevant field requiring work experience can be considered;
- Ability to undertake community development work and training;
- Knowledge and understanding of development issues;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to write concise, analytical and accurate reports to agreed deadlines;
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes and the ability to collate and analyse data;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written;
- Fluency in English and local languages relevant in areas of work.
To apply, submit a CV with at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager, Action Aid International, 16 York Avenue, Newlands, Harare.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.