The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
Actiona Aid International seeks to appoint a Leadership Development Coordinator, based in Johannesburg. Local Terms and Conditions will apply.
This is a one-year, fixed-term contract position.
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Leadership Advisor with the design, planning, coordination and implementation of the Leadership Development Programme to the federation.
S/he will work closely with the Senior Leadership Advisor to coordinate the Executive Leadership Development Programme and assist with the curriculum and programme design and take overall responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the programme.
- Human sciences degree related to capacity building, learning and development or human resources and organisational development. A Master’s degree in industrial psychology will be advantageous;
- Previous work experience in a role that involved coordination and administrative duties;
- Minimum of five years experience in the end-to-end coordination of a development programme and in training and development;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in complex organisational development and capacity building programme design and monitoring;
- Experience with on-line/multimedia tools;
- Sound understanding of current leadership development issues, coaching and mentoring methodologies and processes;
- Keen interest in professional development in the area of leadership development;
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills on all levels, being able to negotiate and form credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to proactively and creatively utilise limited resources;
- Interest and ability to work with a diverse and multi-cultural team in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner.
At a personal level, your leadership style and management practice should include; listening, learning, empowering and being result-oriented, be fully committed to ActionAid’s vision, mission, and values and have an appreciation for working in a multi-cultural context.
Base Salary: GBP £31 617.
Further more information and full job description, refer to www.actionaid.org/jobs.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation cover letter and two names of your nominated referees to email@example.com. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.