The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
Actiona Aid International seeks to appoint a IT Officer, based in Johannesburg. Local Terms and Conditions will apply.
This is a one-year fixed term contract position.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that IT Systems in the Johannesburg IS Secretariat Office and ActionAid south Africa Office are functioning smoothly and efficiently in compliance with ActionAid International strategy, policy and standards. The successful candidate will support the IT Coordinator to manage and maintain IT Systems on a daily basis in both the Action Aid South Africa and ActionAid international offices.
Formally, you should have an academic qualification related to the function of the role with at least two years experience working as Systems/Network administrator. In this role, ActionAid is looking for a self-starter that requires little supervision to prioritise tasks and produce high-quality work under pressure and that follows a proactive approach to problem solving, whilst also being able to work well with a team. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, being able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and international cultures and a strong customer service orientation.
- Minimum of two years experience working as systems/network administrator;
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/8 Server, XP and Exchange 2003/7 as well as VMware is essential;
- Knowledge of applications within the Microsoft Office suite is essential;
- Knowledge of IT hardware and ability to solve simple hardware problems;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, being able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and international cultures and a strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and be proactive as well as strategic in approach;
- Exceptional communication skills with proficiency in both written and oral English;
- Grasp of end-to-end process, being able to see tasks through to 100 percent completion;
- Ability to prioritise competing demands, especially tasks of an IT nature.
- CompTIA Network +;
- Microsoft server and e-mail administration;
- Programming languages such as .Net, PHP, or C++ desirable;
- Knowledge of Cisco router configuration.
Salary: R314 396 per annum.
For more information and full job description, refer to www.actionaid.org/jobs.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation cover letter and two names of your nominated referees to email@example.com. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org for great offers and savings.