The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
Actiona Aid International seeks to appoint three proactive, innovative and results driven International Secretariat Management Accountants, based in Johannesburg.
This is a one-year fixed term contract position.
Reporting to the International Secretariat Financial Controller, they will provide management accounting and analysis services to the International Secretariat. The successful candidates will ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial aspect of donor reporting by Theme and Function to ensure that restricted funds are accounted for in accordance to donor requirements.
- Support International Secretariat Themes and Functions with production and analysis of management accounts, financial advice and procedural guidance;
- Funding proposals and donor reporting for new projects or projects where a project accountant is not recruited;
- Monthly analysis and review of restricted reserves by project;
- Financial Controls for new projects or projects where a project accountant is not recruited;
- Customer Service in terms of advice and guidance to Thematic and Functional Units.
- Professional Accountancy qualification and four years of management accounting experience;
- Professional accounting qualification;
- Minimum of four years experience of management accounting;
- Proven track record of dealing with internal and external customers and successfully meeting their needs;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of accounting and computer packages, including Sun, Vision XL and Excel;
- Working knowledge of donor-reporting within an NGO (desirable but not essential);
- Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and ways of working.
Local Terms and Conditions will apply.
Salary: R521 312 per annum.
Further more information and full job description, refer to www.actionaid.org/jobs.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation cover letter and two names of your nominated referees to email@example.com. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.