The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
Actiona Aid International seeks to appoint an International Programme Manager.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate and lead ActionAid’s preparedness and emergency response work, managing a team for emergency response as and when necessary. The Emergencies and Crises International Programme Manager will ensure that simulation exercises take place with country programmes and ensure that country based preparedness plans are in place. The role provides technical support to fundraising initiatives and support the building of ActionAid’s profile on emergencies by engaging with external actors.
This position will be based in Country Programme/Member where ActionAid has an office.
Base Salary: GBP £45 489.
Desired skills and experience:
- Formally, you should have a post-graduate degree with extensive field and management experience in insecure environments, including emergencies and conflict situations. You will have knowledge of DRR, CCA and other resilience building processes and a clear understanding of humanitarian donors and their perspectives and requirements and humanitarian issues and environments;
- Experience of successful intervention and influencing at international level and working cross-culturally is required, coupled with experience of coordinating with a diverse group of stakeholders. You must be able to make quick assessments and decisions under pressure and with competing priorities together with demonstrably strong leadership, influencing and persuading skills;
- The successful incumbent will have strong people management skills, being able to set objectives, coach, mentor and hold self and others to account while promoting positive team working, achieving results through others where there is no direct line management. You will have that ability to create, articulate and implement a vision and solutions for effective team working, showing a practical and proven aptitude for team and organizational development.
- Good knowledge of Human Rights Based Approach in emergencies;
- Ability to design emergency programmes quickly and efficiently;
- Minimum of seven years of extensive field and management experience in insecure environments, including emergencies and conflict situations;
- Experience of successful intervention and influencing at international level;
- Ability to initiate, design and implement relevant capacity building trainings and workshops both at Country Programme and International levels;
- Experience of coordinating with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Knowledge of DRR, CCA and other resilience building processes;
- Demonstrably strong leadership, influencing and persuading skills;
- Strong people management skills – able to set objectives, coach, mentor, and hold individuals and self to account, while promoting positive team working;
- Ability to achieve results through others where there is no direct line management;
- Able to make quick assessments and decisions under pressure and with competing priorities;
- Minimum of five years direct experience of managing across multi- country boundaries with and agenda to deliver across several countries – a clear comfort and aptitude for cross cultural working;
- A clear understanding of humanitarian donors and their perspectives/requirements;
- Practical and proven aptitude for team and organisational development. Able to create, articulate and implement a vision and solutions for effective team working;
- Good knowledge of Humanitarian issues and environments.
Further more information and full job description, refer to www.actionaid.org/jobs.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation cover letter and two names of your nominated referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid International, refer to www.actionaid.org/?intl=.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.