The Access Trust is a registered Trust and nonprofit organisation which raises and administers funds to provide bursaries and social support to learners at TVET colleges in the Western Cape. The Trust mission is to enable capable young people from disadvantage communities to access skilled employment through studying at technical, vocational education and training colleges based in Cape Town.
The Access Trust seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
The person will report to the Chairperson and Board of Trustees.
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Access Trust;
- Coordination and administration of financial aid to students, including student selection, monitoring of progress and student support;
- Managing people, including subcontractors;
- Assisting with compilation of annual and project budgets as well as allocation of funds to various projects and activities;
- Proposal writing, report writing and donor liaison;
- Project Management;
- Liaison with all stakeholders, e.g. beneficiaries, donors, TVET colleges and trustees;
- Compilation of Annual Reports and other publications;
- Updating and development of social media.
- Degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of three years middle management and fundraising experience, preferably in an education, financial aid or non-profit environment;
- Experience with working with budgets, an understanding of management accounts;
- Knowledge of the FET college sector and skills development would be significant advantage;
- Strong administrative skills, including ICT skills (e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing and presentations);
- Proven writing ability;
- Ability to work without supervision and to engage with people from all walks of life;
- Own mobile phone, motor vehicle, and valid driver’s licence.
Salary: R300 000 per annum (cost to company).
Starting date: Immediate or as soon as possible.
To apply, submit your CV and a motivational covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Access Trust, refer to http://accesstrust.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.