The APD Mpumalanga is a Provincial NPO whose objective is a diverse South African Society built on equality, equity, inclusion, and free from discrimination, in which PWD’s are recognized as an integral part of society.
The APD Mpumalanga seeks to appoint Manager- PR, Marketing and Fundraising to be based in Silver Oak street, Mbombela.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all the Marketing and Fundraising initiatives of the Association and will have a proven experience of raising funds in excess of R5m per annum. The incumbent will be expected to increase the donor base, explore new income projects and market the services of the Association throughout the province.
Key Performance Areas: Fundraising:
- Managing all the new and existing Income Generating projects
- Completing Funding Proposals and research Grant / Funding Opportunities
- Identify new areas of funding and access possible new sources of income
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and provide feedback on the impact of sponsorship
- Maintain an up to date Donor Register with accurate records of all funding received
- Facilitating the grant funding processes
Key Performance Areas: PR & Marketing
- Be the centre of information for all the good services rendered by the Association and be well informed of all the daily activities of the Association
- Communication and awareness raising of disability matters
- News articles and quarterly newsletters
- Social Media and Web page design and updates
- Design Marketing Materials and all the Disability Information Brochures & Flyers
- Marketing Degree / National Diploma
- A proven track record in raising funds from corporates
- A minimum of 5 years ‘ experience in writing funding proposals of the NPO sector
- Previous experience in Marketing and PR with the ability to develop the strategic direction of fundraising in previous positions
- Sound Marketing and Communication skills, with extensive written and verbal skills in English in order to handle grants and proposals, and strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and enduring organizational support
- Researching and approaching National and International Founding Organizations and Institutions, Trusts, Government agencies and other bodies that could potentially make grants or donations to MAPD
- Proven ability to develop and write excellent funding proposals
- An understanding of the local and international donors, the NGO sector and fundraising trends
- The ability to take initiative / see opportunities
- The ability to work under pressure, and willing to work after hours when faced with deadlines
- A team player who also works well independently
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Ability of research techniques in both print and electronic media
Remuneration will be strictly commission-based, however, for the first 6 months the Association will pay a monthly retainer of R8, 000 where after the commission will be 10% of the net funds raised.
The successful candidate will be based at the provincial office in Nelspruit. Interested persons may submit their Applications to: The Director, 2 Silver Oak Street, Mbombela or Email: email@example.com fax number 086 540 8393.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Mpumalanga Association of Persons with Disabilities, refer to http://www.apdmpumalanga.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies