Partners in Sexual Health (PSH)
Partners in Sexual Health (PSH) is an evidence-based non-profit organisation that provides and advocates for Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) services - including HIV/AIDS services - to women, men and particularly adolescents and youth. Our vision is an empowered society on SRHR.
PSH is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding senior administrative capabilities to work on The Spotlight Initiative: Africa Regional Programme. The Regional Programme is guided by the 2030 Agenda, the AU Agenda 2063, AU Gender Strategy, the Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa (the Maputo Protocol) and other Africa regional instruments.
The Administrator will work closely with the Programme Manager of the Spotlight Initiative but will also assist all other staff related to the project. He/she will ensure all administrative activities of the programme are fulfilled, to enable programme staff to implement projects efficiently, effectively and on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job role of an administrator involves the following duties:
- Managing the diary of the Programme Manager and the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. This includes sharing official communication, arranging appointments and direct communication with relevant colleagues and external partners.
- Coordinating all matters related to project operations and administration, to ensure an effective and efficient work environment.
- Providing ongoing operational and logistical support, including secretarial support, to the project.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and assisting in the planning and logistics of high-level regional conferences, technical workshops, offsite meetings, virtual meetings and stakeholder events (interfacing with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary).
- Coordinating travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for staff, visitors and consultants.
- Ability to travel nationally and regionally.
- Keeping track of office supply stocks and assisting in ordering new supplies and other office needs.
- Maintaining updated staff directory and office calendars.
- Creating, updating and maintaining a filing system for project reports, briefs, brochures and other project related documents for quick reference and easy accessibility.
- Assisting in logistics and procurement needs by preparing procurement plans, creating a vendor database, initiating procurement processes, and following up on vendor payments.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Typing up letters and reports.
- Printing and Photocopying.
THE ADMINISTRATOR MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- A Diploma or equivalent standard of education in relevant field (Business/Office Administration).
- 1-3 years of related practical experience in office administration in the non-profit and non-governmental (NGO) sector.
- Oral and written fluency in English a must.
- Oral and written fluency in French and/or Portuguese will be advantages.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt in new environments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organising skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills with intermediary knowledge of:
Microsoft Office 2016 (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Picture Manager).
Zoom (virtual meetings and webinars)
Adobe Acrobat DC
Interested persons for the above position are requested to submit a detailed CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you think you are the best candidate for the position to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate. PSH is an equal opportunity employer.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. If we do not contact you within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PSH reserves the right not to make an appointment to this advertised post and candidates will have no legitimate expectation or automatic right to the position.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies