Beyond Zero (BZ)
Amendment of Closing Date
The following RFP’s are amended to extend the closing date from
14-10-2021 & 15-10-2021 respectively:-
New Closing Date: 21 October 2021
RFP BZ-BI-002-0CT 2021:REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A SERVICE PROVIDER FOR THE DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT OF THE BUMBINGOMSO (BI) SAFE SPACE DIGITAL PLATFORM (APP)
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMPANY FOR THE BUMBINGOMSO HEALTH INTERVENTION PROGRAMME (BI): RFP BZ-BI-001-0CT 2021
|Title||THE bumb’INGOMSO (BI) SAFE SPACE DIGITAL PLATFORM (APP)|
|Reference||RFP BZ-BI-002-0CT 2021|
||REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A SERVICE PROVIDER FOR THE DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT OF THE BUMBINGOMSO (BI) SAFE SPACE DIGITAL PLATFORM (APP)|
|Submission by email only to:||email@example.com|
|Closing date for enquires/bid clarification||All technical enquiries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and all general bidding enquiries be emailed to email@example.com before 13h00 on 21 October 2021 No enquiries will be entertained after this date.|
|Deadline for submission||13h00 on 21 October 2021|
|Validity Period||90 days|
2.| SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The proposals submitted must include the following documents as Mandatory Requirements:
|1.||Completed SBD 1 with all the company details and contact numbers and email address.|
|2.||Detailed pricing required.|
|Annex 1||B-BBEE Status Level Verification Certificate or Valid Sworn Affidavit.|
|Annex 2||Valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate/PIN|
|Annex 3||CIPC Registration documentation.|
|Annex 4||Valid SARS VAT Registration certificate for all quotations exceeding R1 Million.|
|Annex 5||Company Profile|
|Annex 6||Implementation Plan|
|Annex 7||Completed and Signed Declaration of Interest.|
INSTALLATION & DEVELOPMENT OF THE BUMBINGOMSO (BI) SAFE SPACE DIGITAL PLATFORM (APP)
Duration of assignment: 1-2 months (Digital platform design, development, and training)
Beyond Zero is a South African registered NPO (not for Profit organization) that was founded in 2003. The organization`s head offices are based in East London, Eastern cape; however, it has footprints in the Limpopo, Free state, Mpumalanga, and KwaZulu Natal provinces. Beyond Zero was awarded the health intervention component of the bumb’INGOMSO (BI) programme in 2017. The BI programme is a five-year innovative HIV prevention project of the Department of Health that is implemented by the DG Murray Trust (DGMT) which is a both the project executing agency and a co-funder. BI is a multifaceted HIV prevention project that is targeting adolescent girls and young women aged 15-29 years utilizing a preventative approach that combines behavioural, biomedical, social, and economic interventions. The goal of this component is to increase combined uptake of preventive and curative health services for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and tuberculosis (TB) among adolescent girls and young women aged 15 to 29 years in BCMM and selected areas in Amathole district.
Bumb’INGOMSO (BI) health intervention has established the concept of a safe space to sustain BI clubs that have been established since project inception in 2017. To date there are 67 BI clubs established with a total of 1,396 beneficiaries. The safe space is a fixed multipurpose centre which will render biomedical, behavioral, and selected structural interventions in a coordinated manner in one setting. The activities in the safe space will be well coordinated and controlled to ensure maximal usage of the safe space. It is based on this background that a digital platform be developed to monitor overall safe space utilization and functionality.
2. Objectives of the Assignment
The primary objective of the assignment is to design and develop a functional communication and workflow digital platform that is supported by web-based and android, iOS application with WhatsApp Chatbot capabilities for smartphones, tablets, and PCs for internal and external use. The digital platform developer should work across functionality with Beyond Zero IT security team to review the digital platform standards, infrastructure(set-up) requirement and security benching (a system that ensures security, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of beneficiary data).
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected service provider will develop a Safe Space digital platform according to bumb’INGOMSO safe space requirements, specification, and standards as follows:-
- Develop integrated digital platform that is supported by Web and Mobile Applications for smartphones, tablets, and PCs based on the specification
- Follow BZ`s design standards, technology process, security principles and change management process to produce the required digital platform
- Gather requirements, specifications and analyse and produce integrated, functional digital platform
- Interact with BI team, present the digital platform, explain the visually designed prototype, and sign off the designs
- Design interfaces to enrich user experiences
- Test, debug and improve applications optimization for better performance
- Release approved application and train BI team
- Post release, monitor digital platform functionality, analysis, gather feedback, benchmark, re-design, release and manage the life cycle of the digital platform
- Check and action new development, Security, Vulnerability assessment on the API (Application programming interface).
- Produce Documentation for Requirement Gathering, Prototypes, Signoffs, Coding, and release management
- Frequent Knowledge sharing with the team members and colleagues on the development
- Produce monthly reports for mobile application performance and recommendation for improvements and updates
3. Key Specifications of the Applications
THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION FUNCTIONALITY ARE NON-NEGOTIABLES:
External Functionality: WhatsApp Chatbot
- Request for helpful information
- Real time support
- Initiate conversations
- Quick answers to FAQ’s
- Greeting Messages
- Contact Information
- Bookings Requests
- Away Message Setting
Internal Functional Digital Platform
Capture User Profile for registration of Safe Space beneficiaries
Name, Surname, Age, Address, Needs, etc.
Navigate type of services available/ offered/provided
List of services offered in the safe space
Enable Appointment booking system
Internal use by staff
And external use by beneficiaries
Create a digital referral system for internal and external use
Internal referral amongst programme stakeholders
External referral to external partners i.e. Hospitals and Police
Generate reports on support offered by the different BI interventions
User specific reports
Global programme reporting.
Export options for reporting
Capture activities conducted including
Incorporation on NDoH guidelines such as: HIV ART guidelines, TB guidelines, STI guidelines, PrEP guidelines, and COVID-19 guidelines. etc.
Provision of application analytics (providing insights into the performance of the centre by producing real-time analysis through visualization of data in the form of dashboard)
Appointment reminder SMS
4. Qualification experience required
- The service provider must have strong experience in Digital platform Development in Web and Android, iOS life cycle management:
- Minimum five years of experience in Digital platform Development and Management
- CVs of the following key personnel with the Project Lead having a BSc Degree Information Technology Management
- Project Lead
- Business Analyst with project management
- Full Stack Developer
- Senior Database Developer
- Software Tester
- Project Plan coupled with Continuous Intergration/Continuos Delivery pipeline implementation plan
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
- Proof of previous experience in conducting similar work
5. Evaluation Criteria
The evaluation of proposals will be managed by a Procurement Review Committee (PRC) which will prepare a shortlist of applicants that meet the threshold for appointment. BEYOND ZERO will use the shortlist drawn by the PRC to recommend applicants to be appointed.
The evaluation process will be conducted according to the following stages:
- Stage 1: Assessment of administrative compliance with pre-qualification/eligibility criteria. Applications that do not comply will not be evaluated further.
- Stage 2: Assessment of technical competency focusing on the ability to fulfil the required scope of work. Applicants need to achieve a score of at least 60 out of 80 points of the technical competency requirements to progress further. Selection will be done by a PRC.
- Stage 3: Assessment of pricing submitted and B-BBEE score.
For applicants that satisfy the pre-qualification criteria and the administrative requirements, the weighting of the overall technical competence score is as follows:
|ELIGIBILITY||N/A||Proof of registration as a South African entity||
|A detailed and comprehensive proposal|
|Tax Clearance Certificate|
|Proof of VAT registration|
|CVs for the team|
|Completion of Beyond Zero code of conduct for suppliers|
|TECHNICAL||100||Ability to implement the Scope of Work
· Project Plan coupled with Continuous Intergration/Continuos Delivery pipeline implementation plan
|Proven experience in conducting similar work (Reference Letter + Example of work completed
|Provision of a demo:
|B-BBEE LEVEL||20||B-BBEE levels scored on a scale||20|
NB: All Proposals that score less than 80 out of 100 points on Technical Requirements shall not be considered for further evaluation for Price and B-BBEE.
Detailed quotation submitted
B-BBEE levels scored
Additional information linked to awards are listed below:
- BEYOND ZERO reserves the right to request the applicant to meet with us to clarify the proposal.
- BEYOND ZERO is not bound to accept the proposal.
- BEYOND ZERO may, entirely at its discretion, decide to:
- award contracts to different organizations for different sections of the scope of work.
- delay the award contracts for certain sections of the scope of work (considering, inter alia, timing of funding availability)
- subject the award of contracts to specific conditions as BEYOND ZERO may determine at the stage of awarding the contract.