Having been established in 2005, Gender DynamiX (GDX) is the first registered Africa-based public benefit organisation to focus solely on trans and gender diverse communities. What started as a mere vision, slowly grew into a grassroots organisation. GDX has since become an institutionalised non-profit organisation (NPO) that is fundamental to the development of the trans and gender diverse movement(s) in South Africa and across southern Africa.
Gender Dynamix seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Manager to be based in Western Cape.
Date of Appointment: 1 November 2020
Salary:R30,000.00 per month. Negotiable in accordance with experience.
- A minimum of a BCom in Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and track record in finance and administration, ideally of internationally funded programmes in the NGO Sector
- Computer literacy, including PASTEL, MS Excel
- Experience working with the GFATM systems and procedures an added advantage
Writing of financial reports
- Preparation of monthly management account reports for funders/donors.
- Prepare and submit monthly journals for the management accounts.
Financial and Administrative Planning, Management, Monitoring and Reporting
- Managing multiple donor accounts successfully.
- Oversee organisational and project audits & Correct and rectify any qualifications made by auditors.
- Conceptualise and implement financial, payroll and administrative systems for effective and efficient functioning.
- Ensure reports – monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports – are generated timeously
- sound relations with our banking partner/s and deal with all queries related to banking.
- Manage all forex payments, requests and transfers.
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all documents are electronically and physically filed and available for internal and external audits.
- Monitor project expenditure and implement corrective action where such expenditure exceeds or is not consistent with agreed budgets and donor requirements.
- Deliver funding/financial proposal budgets timeously to potential funders.
- Manage all financial risk and develop early warning systems.
- Manage and supervise all procurement, ensuring alignment with policies and donor contracts.
- Request the contractual payments from sources of funding timeously.
- Preparation of financial reports for all donors as required by them and within the contractual timeframes and in accordance to donor contracts.
- Develop annual programme and organizational budgets, overseeing and supervising budget plans of projects with the director.
- Register/ deregister staff with the Dept of Labour for UIF as when needed.
- Maintain and update a Register of Fixed Assets.
Strategic financial planning and technical guidance to programmes team:
- Ensure that project managers are provided with the tools they need to manage their budgets which includes i) Sign off on ad hoc project expenditure within agreed budgets, ii) Oversee financial reconciliations of project coordinators, staff and affiliates, iii) Ensure project coordinators have accounts of monthly expenditure
- Establish, implement, educate staff and project coordinators about and manage effective financial systems and controls to ensure sound management of GDX funds.
Admin & Finance staff Management:
- Manage and supervise the work of the Finance & Administrative Officers ensuring that all financial and administrative tasks are completed accurately and timeously.
- Ensuring team adheres to internal reporting deadlines whilst ensuring timeous internal and external cluster reporting.
- Conducting semesterly performance evaluations.
- Conduct staff capacity support assessments and develop staff development and wellness plans in consultation with the General Management Committee.
- Supporting, linking and synergising all other staff members within finance and admin.
Assistance to Director, External Stakeholders Engagement , Resource Mobilisation:
- Provide general operational support to the Executive Director to promote organizational stability and sustainability imperatives.
- Providing advice, strategic technical guidance and leadership support to the Director.
- Strengthening and sustaining the links between GDX and donors and partners through sound financial and administrative systems
- Providing technical expertise with financial resource mobilization efforts
- Ability to take initiative
- Get things done speedily and accurately
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Submit CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Gender Dynamix, refer to www.genderdynamix.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies