WILLIAM CLARK GARDENS/ OTHANDWENI CHILD AND YOUTH CARE CENTER
Child Welfare Durban & District is non -profit organization that has been providing Child Protection Services for over 102 years. Our core objective is to provide child protection services for abandoned, abused, neglected, and orphaned children in Durban and surroundings areas.
Child Welfare Durban & Distric seek to appoint a Facility Manager for FULL- TIME EMPLOYMENT for William Clark Gardens.
Key performance areas in serving Child Welfare Organizations and disadvantaged communities include: Capacity Building, Supervision, Training and Organizational Development, Advocacy and Policy Development, Public Awareness and Developing the programme at the Residential Facility.
The suitable candidate must be in possession of a:
- Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the Council for Social Service Professions.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial position
- Valid un-endorsed Driver’s License.
- Preference to candidate who have experience in managing Child Youth Care Centre’s.
- Be able to provide effective leadership to a staff team;
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Show a high level of professional competency and total familiarity with current developments in the theory and practice of social and child care work;
- Be conversant with current government welfare policy documents relating to children, welfare in general and the financing of welfare services;
- Strong managerial skills including people management, preparation and management of budget and ability to exercise control over expenditure;
- Ability to provide professional development of staff in the department;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including professional and child and youth care workers;
- A strong developmental approach to child and youth care programmes;
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operation of staff and volunteers assigned to Residential Department team and ensure the attainment of all key performance areas and take appropriate remedial action where necessary;
- Identify problem areas and recommend solutions to the Senior Manager;
- Undertake related duties as assigned;
- Implement strategy as determined;
- The ability to identify challenges and recommend changes accordingly;
- Knowledge of Child protection legislation including the Norms and standard Practice for child and you Care Centre;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations; and
- Ability to Fundraise and maintain professional Donor relations.
Potential candidates must submit applications with a 2-page comprehensive CV and 3 contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A remuneration package that is competitive within the welfare environment will be offered.
If you have not heard from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us after two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and Districts, refer to cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies