Isibani Development Partners
POSITIONS: National Oxygen Technical Advisors X3
CONTRACT DURATION: Fixed term contract ending 30 June 2022
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the Sub-Recipients (SRs) for the GLOBAL FUND TB/HIV program in Ekurhuleni and City of Johannesburg.
Isibani seeks to appoint National Oxygen Technical Advisors to be seconded to National Department of Health – Global Fund
The Oxygen Technical Advisor (TA) is primarily responsible for providing support to provinces, develop and implement the capacity, processes, and systems that will ensure the effective and safe management of oxygen at all health facilities. The Oxygen Expert Technical Advisors (TAs) will be based at the NDoH offices, with occasional travel to the provinces, coordinating, monitoring and reporting on all oxygen projects. The TA will report to the DHS Chief Director
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Establishment and implementation of national capacity to co-ordinate data visibility of oxygen availability and oxygen utilisation at hospital, district, provincial and national level.
- Establishment and implementation of provincial capacity to co-ordinate the management of oxygen supply, delivery and utilisation systems to ensure the consistent, reliable, safe and effective availability of oxygen at hospital level including the implementation of the electronic oxygen ordering system.
- Co-ordination, monitoring and reporting of the implementation of oxygen infrastructure projects that have been prioritised in the scope of work and on the provincial critical path for the effective delivery of oxygen to patients at hospital level.
- Project management of the training of staff at hospital level to ensure the effective and safe management and delivery of oxygen.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of the AFROX oxygen reports to identify potential areas of concern that require intervention where shortage of oxygen availability or oxygen over utilisation could compromise patient care.
- Co-ordination, monitoring and reporting on all oxygen projects to the National Department of Health.
- Working with the NDOH IMT lead for Facility Readiness and the National Department of Health Infrastructure Directorate to establish the current capacity in all provinces to manage the supply and delivery.
- Working with the NDOH IMT lead for Facility Readiness and the National Department of Health Infrastructure Directorate to establish and implement standards and guidelines for the required capacity in all provinces to manage the supply and delivery of oxygen.
- Monitor, support and coordinate the implementation of oxygen infrastructure projects.
- Support and coordinate the implementation of the Oxygen Dashboard.
- Support and coordinate the implementation of the electronic oxygen ordering system.
- Provide project management and expert technical assistance with preparations for the training workshop for all staff who are responsible for oxygen management and oxygen delivery.
- Provide mentoring to Provincial oxygen management technical leads with the implementation of the oxygen management training.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A tertiary qualification in a health field or health technology or clinical or biomedical engineering or hospital engineering plus
- A post-graduate degree in the above is preferred
- Medical gas accreditation or certification is an added advantage
- 10 years of knowledge and experience on all aspects of the management of medical gasses in a hospital setting, providing technical guidance for oxygen systems and in synthesis and communication of technical information.
- Knowledge and understanding of public procurement principles
- Ability to work independently/remotely and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Adaptable, willing to take initiative, strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, availability after working hours and ability to work in a highly pressurized and challenging environment.
- Willingness to adapt work schedule in accordance with professional requirements.
- A valid Drivers’ license and be prepared to travel nationally.
Suitable candidates to send applications at email@example.com
Subject line:” National Oxygen TA”
Closing date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified