Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 development professionals located in over 40 countries, committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. Drawing on our global presence and 50+ years of experience, we are working to reimagine consumer-powered healthcare by shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding, and strengthening global capacity.
Based at PSI Head Office in Johannesburg, Population Services International (PSI) seeks to fill the exciting and role of:
Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor
The Mpilo project has been running for four years, and in the previous phase we conducted extensive research and design with men and other stakeholders to understand men’s barriers to HIV services and co-create solutions to those barriers. We are now embarking on a new phase that will focus on scaling and adaptive implementation of previous solutions and design and piloting of new ones, as well as generation of tools, resources, and evidence that stakeholders can apply to strategies and programs.
Still in its first year, the Yim’Lo project is conducting similar research and design work with men who have sex with men, with the aim of understanding and addressing their barriers to services. In the next phase, the project will be piloting and evaluating solutions emerging from the design process.
PSI is looking for a Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor to provide leadership and support in translating and packaging project insights, approaches, and lessons into products that stakeholders find practical and accessible.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Strategic Communications
- Serve as the lead and point person on all project communications and knowledge management needs. o Identify target audiences and understand their communications needs and preferences.
- Develop strategies and identify opportunities for engaging these audiences and disseminating knowledge products. o Develop and manage the projects’ social media strategies.
- Develop the communications and knowledge management elements of annual work plans.
- Act as a guardian of the project brands, ensuring all external communications are aligned with the brand values and design system.
- Knowledge Management
- Lead the development and packaging of knowledge products, for both technical and general audiences, potentially including project briefs, technical briefs, case studies, fact sheets, videos, blog posts, success stories, press releases and webinars.
- Design and implement strategies to collect and analyze data on who is accessing knowledge products and to capture user feedback.
- Lead the development and implementation of digital/virtual tools and interventions.
- Advocacy and Visibility
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to strengthen the projects’ visibility and reputation among stakeholders. o Support dissemination of insights, approaches, lessons, best practices, etc.
- Liaise with media, including media outreach and pitching. o Establish and maintain linkages with knowledge hubs.
- Coordinate the projects’ presence at conferences and other events
- Capacity Development
- Encourage, guide and support project staff in capturing and sharing project lessons and experiences. o Strengthen project teams’ understanding of principles of effective communication.
- Provide guidance and oversight to project partners on communications and knowledge management.
The Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor must possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- 5+ years of experience in communications, knowledge management, behavior change, etc., within the public health sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to catch errors
- Proficiency in MS Office apps and social media platforms
- Understanding of social media as an external communications tool
- Ability to tell a compelling story o Graphic design skills
- PR or marketing agency experience
- Familiarity with human-centred design and behavioural science.
Please note that this position is a fixed term contract until 30th June 2024.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 15th October 2021 to email@example.com