Thanda is a dynamic and innovative non-profit organization based in KZN. They create safer and stronger communities by providing educational and skills-building opportunities to individuals.Thanda was founded in 2008 and is changing the way people see themselves in the rural community of Mtwalume on the South Coast of KZN. Our innovative Early Childhood Development, After-School, Organic Farming, and Creative Learning Programmes work directly with over 1200 individuals daily.
Thanda seeks to appoint a Digital Marketing Manager to join their Marketing, Communications & Partnerships team. This is a full-time position, based either in Thanda’s Administrative office in Hibberdene or can be partially/fully remote.
The Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) plays a pivotal role Thanda’s Marketing and Communications team. He/She will be responsible for both developing and implementing Thanda’s digital marketing strategies. The ideal candidate for this role is very strategic, highly competent in the digital realm, up to date with relevant trends, and results-driven.
The Digital Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Marketing, Communications & Partnerships (HMCP), who provides guidance and is responsible for approving strategies. For the Digital Marketing Manager role, we are looking for someone who can work independently, make informed decisions, and can be trusted to implement strategies with little day-to-day oversight.
The DMM is required to develop a deep and grounded understanding of Thanda’s unique methodology, ideas, philosophy, and programs so as to be able to effectively communicate these externally. The DMM will create engaging online content and campaigns which grow Thanda’s reputation as a thought leader, grow its general audience, and grow its individual donor base.
A key aspect of this role is providing day-to-day leadership to the marketing team, made up of the Content Coordinator and the part-time Junior Digital Marketing Manager. Each of these individuals is responsible for developing specific marketing-related materials required for implementing Thanda’s digital marketing strategies. Leading this team, the Digital Marketing Manager will take responsibility for ensuring that implementation is taking place in a timely manner and to a high standard and that relevant goals are being achieved.
This role requires high levels of creativity, consistency, energy, and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate for the Digital Marketing Manager position is both team-player and an independent worker who is able to take responsibility for tasks and deliverables, take initiative, and solve problems as they arise. It is very important that this person is passionate about the work that Thanda does and believes in Thanda’s mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a holistic digital strategy that seeks to elevate, optimize and maximize all digital platforms (social media, website, digital campaigns, etc.).
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies where appropriate
- Plan and execute all digital marketing and end-to-end projects: including SEO, organic / paid search, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaign
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize budget spend and performance based on the insights
- Develop and execute integrated digital acquisition and retention campaigns
- Evaluate Digital Marketing Strategies on an ongoing basis (deploy web analytics, A/B testing, attribution analysis, evaluating the results in the CRM system LGL) and re-strategizing where appropriate
- Stay up-to-date with the latest digital trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Update the Thanda’s website as necessary, work to increase web presence and visibility
- Lead and manage the outputs of the Content Coordinator and Junior Digital Marketing Manager
- Monitor the Thanda Brand
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing Communications and Partnerships to execute donor marketing and communications strategies
- Assist with the development and management of production of the Annual Report, campaign publications, brochures, newsletters
- Manage and maintain donor communications writing library
- Provide additional project administration support to the Head of Marketing, Communications & Partnerships as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant Diploma
Necessary Skills, Experience and Attitude:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Experience in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Highly strategic thinker
- Very strong analytical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Sound understanding of SEO, SEM, and other forms of online advertising
- Superior communication skills, including written correspondence, reports, and other digital collateral
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information and communicate this effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail, including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- WordPress website building experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Photoshop and light room preferred
- Familiarity with InDesign preferred
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite required
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, including donors, volunteers, the public, and staff.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks on tight timelines
- Strong sense of brand awareness
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- High levels of responsibility, energy, and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, when necessary to meet specific deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
Remuneration: R216 000 - R264 000 per annum, depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
To apply: Please send the following to email@example.com
- Your CV (max 4 pages)
- A one-page cover letter (explaining why you are interested in working at Thanda specifically, and how
- your skills are relevant to job description)
- Please do not send any additional documents (such as identity documents or certificates)
In the subject line of your email, please write “Application: Digital Marketing Manager 2021_[Insert Your
- Deadline: 1 November 2021 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the deadline.
- Please do not call our offices. If you have questions, please ask them via email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us by 10 November 2021, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Thanda, refer to https://thanda.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies