Early Care Foundation
Early Care Foundation is invested in empowering women to teach young children, changing the trajectory for children in low-income areas. ECF develops and facilitates early childhood development training programmes for under-skilled practitioners and owners of home-based crèches.
ECF training equips beneficiaries with the necessary skills to provide a stimulating educational environment to meet the nutritional needs of the children in their care. ECF assists crèches to develop their facilities to comply with the Department of Social Development standards to help them register their ECD centres and access social development subsidies.
Early Care Foundation seeks to appoint a Operations Manager to be based in Gauteng.
The Operations Manager will report to the CEO and will be part of a senior management team of the organization. We are seeking an individual who is innovative, structured and takes the initiative in identifying opportunities to assist in achieving our goals. Responsibilities include operational planning and management, maintaining the organizations legislative compliance, human resources management, fundraising as well as strategic and operational planning and implementation. Previous experience in the role and in the education sector is essential.
Operational planning and management:
- Oversight and management of the operations and programs.
- Ensure there is a strong operational and logistics strategy to sustain high quality program delivery.
- Ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place to efficiently manage organizational and program resources.
- Identify opportunities for implementation of new technology that promotes efficiency.
- Ensure that systems and procedures used are understood by program staff and relevant program beneficiaries.
- Identify risks and threats in collaboration with wider organizational team proactively.
- Translate strategy into operations
Board meetings preparation and reporting.
Human resource management
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and internal policies.
- Manage HR matters, including the development and management of staff development and well-being policies.
Contracts Management and compliance with legislation:
- Negotiate and manage contracts needed to support the organization.
- Critically review all legal agreements before signature by the CEO
- Assist in the drafting of legal agreements.
- Develop and maintain template agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Identify, and pursue prospective donors
- Establish and maintain relationships with donors
- Collaborate with management team and agree on fundraising needs to meet ECF annual program budgets.
- Minimum Postgraduate qualification required
- At least 10 years’ experience in operations, governance, strategy implementation and human resource management
- Experience in the education sector
- Excellent management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven fundraising record
- Experience and understanding of the non-profit sector
Application requirements: CV and Motivation Letter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Early Care Foundation, refer to www.earlycarefoundation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies