ChildSafe South Africa
ChildSafe is a campaign of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Southern Africa (CAPFSA) and Safe Kids Worldwide. We promote the optimal health and development of all children in South Africa. We aim to reduce and prevent intentional and unintentional injuries of all severity through research, education, environmental change and recommendations for legislation. We work in partnership with government, industry, non-governmental and community based organisations, community groups and individuals.
ChildSafe seeks to appoint an Executive Director to be based in Cape Town.
Commencing Date: 1 January 2022.
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for ChildSafe’s staff, programmes, expansion, and execution of its mission and reports directly to the Chair of the ChildSafe Board of Directors.
Requirements of the job:
Proven experience as Executive Director or in other senior managerial position for a minimum of 5 years;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the NGO sector;
- Proven experience in developing strategies and plans;
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques;
- An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems;
- Outstanding organisation and ethical leadership abilities;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills.
The following would be advantageous:
· Experience in the childcare sector
Key Performance Areas:
- Fiduciary duties;
- Board engagement;
- Programme delivery;
- Office Management and Administration;
- Legal and governance;
- Representation and Networking.
Remuneration: The salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please e-mail the following documents to email@example.com
- A covering letter which addresses the above criteria, including a statement on your potential contribution as Executive Director;
- Your full curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of three referees.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to make an open presentation to relevant stakeholders.
ChildSafe reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about ChildSafe, refer to https://www.childsafe.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies