GreenMatter is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, highly professional and responsible person as a temporary Administrative Assistant to render effective, secretarial, efficient office/project management and administrative support services to the Climate Change education project that is part of the Fundisa for Change programme. The Fundisa for Change programme is a multi-stakeholder programme that seeks to support transformative environmental learning in teacher education.
The position requires a three-year relevant qualification enhanced by at least 2 years relevant working experience in secretarial and/or office management position. Understanding of the environmental and biodiversity sectors would be an advantage. A valid driver’s license is recommended.
The candidate should demonstrate good organizational, coordination, record management, writing, minute taking, communication, tracking of finances, project management and document management skills. The candidate must be highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Email. A respect for strict compliance and confidentiality is essential, as is the ability to prioritise and adapt to shifting deadlines. A working knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and accounting/procurement packages would be advantageous.
Duration: start on 15 November 2021 – 28th February 2022.
Opportunity type: Employment on a 4-month contract basis
Reference: FFCGMCCEPA 2021
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all administrative duties for the Project Coordinator and the National Fundisa for Change National Coordinator.
- Manage the diary, make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Management of all procurement processes in the Project.
- Support the scheduling of training and all logistical arrangements linked to training.
- Management and tracking of incoming and outgoing documents (document management).
- Monitoring of all MOU’s/MOA spreadsheet and payments (project management).
- Collate all monthly expenditure reconciliations and quarterly reports.
- Track the budgets and spending.
- Take minutes of the meetings.
- Manage the filing system (electronically and manually).
Send your application by email to Moshadi Mashangoane – firstname.lastname@example.org, Include the following in your application:
1. Concise CV (including identity number, telephone number and email address of 3 references and certified copies of relevant qualifications and drivers’ licence),
2. A motivation letter must accompany the CV. In your motivation letter clearly indicate how/why you fit the profile of this advertisement, i.e. address each requirement of the profile and elaborate on how you fit that requirement. Max. 2 pages.
- A skills test may be conducted as part of the selection process.
- GreenMatter reserves the right not to fill this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to submit all requested information may result in your application not being considered.
GreenMatter is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries or for more information contact: email@example.com
Candidates are expected to be available for a selection interview on a date and time as determined by GreenMatter. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.