Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC
VPUU NPC is a Public Benefit Organisation implementing multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. This is done in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government. They work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU seeks to appoint a Community Participation Expert to be based in Cape Town.
The job purpose of the job is to provide a communication channel between VPUU, Local Government, the communities and other relevant stakeholders and role players within Community Participation .
Remuneration: R27 000 CTC per month depending on exprience
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract
Key Performance Areas:
Facilitate and mediate with key stakeholders during planning and implementation when conflicts arise
Communicate with relevant stakeholders internally of VPUU, public Sector and community
- Create positive and constructive awareness of VPUU as part of the broader community
- Work closely with Safe Node Area Committee (SNAC) and broader stakeholders
- Manage community dynamics and provide appropriate interventions per area
- Attend meetings with local structures on an ongoing basis
- Identify and maintain relationship with stakeholders in the geographic focus areas
- Meet with strategic stakeholders and promote co-operation towards safe and sustainable communities
- Support local Community Action Plan (CAP) priorities with broader leadership
- Provide training on social cohesion and peacebuilding in VPUU areas
- Provide leadership and organisational capacity training
- A relevant degree/diploma in developmental studies, urban studies, project management, and community facilitation
- At least 5 Years’ relevant experience in community facilitation
- Experience in conflict mediation will be advantageous
- Diploma in Occupationally Directed Education Training And Development Practitioner (OD-ETDP)
- Community/civil society involvement and capacity building experience
- Effective oral/written communication skills in English, Afrikaans and Isixhosa
- Analytical, facilitation, negotiation and networking skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email
- Skilled in report writing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Willingness to travel
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: email@example.com
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about VPUU NPC, refer to http://vpuu.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies