Cape Town Child Welfare Society
Cape Town Child Welfare is South Africa’s oldest and second-largest child welfare organisation. Since 1908, we have helped over a million children emerge from crisis situations ranging from drug/alcohol abuse, poverty, homelessness and crime, to severe neglect and physical and sexual abuse.
Cape Town Child Welfare Society in Athlone seeks to appoint a qualified and Registered Social Worker with the South African Counsel for Social Service Professionals.
The successful candidate will be a part of a multidisciplinary team providing a social work service with regard to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable children.
The following are minimum requirements for the post:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good self-management and operational skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Co-ordinate parental and group work programmes
- Providing support to Auxiliary and Community Development Workers
- Experience in community work
- Good written and communication skills in English and Afrikaans (Xhosa would be an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of the new Child Care Act
- Ability to function well under pressure
- A valid license
- Computer literate
- Previous experience would be an advantage
Please send your CV, proof of registration, motivational letter and salary requirements to:
*CTCWS reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cape Town Child Welfare Society, refer to www.helpkids.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies