They are a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. Specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments. We do this in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in Grade 6 and 7 establish strong foundations in mathematics and developing the next generation of well-equipped and passionate teachers.
They are looking to expand our board and as such are looking for people who are passionate about South African maths education and who would like to make an active contribution to the growth, governance and success of our organisation. If you fit this description, read on.
Board members are asked to serve as advisors, ambassadors and advocates for Numeric, and to be informed about the organization’s mission, programs, and impact.
In particular, board members are expected to:
- Attend and engage productively in quarterly and ad hoc board meetings;
- Actively review agendas and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings;
- Serve on at least one board committee (remuneration and HR, audit and risk, nominations);
- Respond to senior management’s requests for advice and support;
- Lend personal and professional networks (where appropriate) to further Numeric’s mission
- Review and declare any potential conflicts of interest on an annual basis; and
- Attend Numeric events whenever possible
Please note: These are unpaid positions, but will be reimbursed for any reasonable expenses incurred as a result of their board membership.
Numeric will ensure:
- Orientation to Numeric and board service (including a site visits to see our programs)
- Reasonable notice of board meeting dates;
- Appropriate and respectful use of directors’ time;
- Timely distribution of information and materials;
- Annual discussions regarding your participation to ensure meaningful engagement.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies