Private Sector Linkages Consultant for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a ten-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS.
FHI 360 through the Capacity Development & Support (CDS) project with funding from USAID, is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe (DREAMS) program in South Africa. The DREAMS program works to empower adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) with assets that protect them from HIV infection and that expand their opportunities to lead healthy and productive lives. FHI 360 supports the South African DREAMS program through provision of two protective asset program components 1) social asset building (SAB) and 2) economic strengthening (ES).
FHI 360 seeks the services of a consultant to 1) facilitate partnerships with the private sector and 2) facilitate AGYW linkages to wage employment and wage internships opportunities.
Description of Tasks:
- Develop Letter of Intent (LOI) standard template for private sector partners in coordination with CDS DREAMS staff.
- Develop education, information, and communication (EIC) material to help persuade private sector organizations to support vulnerable AGYW employment opportunities.
- Establish relationships with private sector organizations with the potential to provide wage employment or wage internships to vulnerable AGYW.
- Through the established private sector relationships, link 250 AGYW to wage employment or wage internship opportunities each month.
- In addition to 250 AGYW linkages, facilitate ten LOIs each month with private sector organizations which are interested in hiring AGYW, but cannot do so until after September 2021.
- Mentor FHI 360’s Economic Strengthening Provincial Managers (ES PMs) in private sector identification, negotiation and linkage best practices and techniques.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A Master’s degree in economics, development sciences and/or similar, relevant degree;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in private sector stakeholder management and engagement;
- Comprehensive knowledge of private sector corporate social responsibility landscape and networks;
- Understanding and experience in private sector and stakeholder analysis for youth and economic strengthening opportunities;
- Previous demonstrated proficiency in private sector relationship management and negotiation;
- Strong technical writing and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills for high quality documents and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability; and
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
The Expression of Interest (EOI) entitled “Private Sector Linkages Consultant ” is available on the Capacity Development and Support project website http://www.capacitydev.org. Questions relating to this EOI will be accepted until 13 April 2021 and posted on the website on 16 April 2021. Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the subject line states “Private Sector Linkages Consultant”.
All EOIs should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 21 April 2021, at 17h00 South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states Private Sector Linkages Consultant ”.