Aquity Innovations NPC
Position: Social Worker ( Pandemic) – Head Office (Gauteng, Pretoria) – Contract until 30th June 2021
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Social Worker (Pandemic) to be based in Pretoria
Remuneration: Monthly Total Cost to Company of R 44 957.00
The incumbent will be responsible for leading, coordinating all TB/COVID activities in the implementation districts. He/she will provide technical support to the district teams who are rendering clinical, Mental health and psychosocial support services to patients on management and prevention of TB and COVID-19 during the current pandemic.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that patients with COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Providing support to district Social Workers in educating patients/staff and their families on COVID-19 and TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures.
- Conducting psychosocial Assessments of clinical and non-clinical health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Trauma debriefing (including bereavement counselling)
- Working as a member of the multisectoral case management team
- Coordinating and Facilitating Trainings on COVID-19, TB and psychosocial support
- Providing psycho-social support, including supportive counselling to AQUITY staff (clinical and non-clinical)
- Ensuring that district teams conduct daily/weekly briefing and debriefing meetings with updated information on the response and to check on patients and frontline workers’ well-being and attend to those who may have special concerns.
- Linking patients to external service providers when necessary (e.g. quarantine sites, Department of Social Development)
- Liaising with community networks and partners
- Conducting advocacy activities required to reduce stigma and discrimination against people with COVID-19/TB.
- Compiling periodic reports
- Performing any administrative duties as requested by the organisation.
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), and proof of registration with SACSSP.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the public health sector/clinical social work service delivery. Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in working directly with persons who have chronic health conditions.
- Proven experience in all primary social work methods.
- Experience of working in high-risk communities
- Fluency in English and district local languages
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Computer literacy.
- A Driver’s License a necessity.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 10th April 2021. Please attach your CV. Copy Of ID and Qualifications. No emailed submissions will be accepted.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.