Help2read (RF) NPC
Help2read, established in 2005, is a literacy development, non-profit Organisation working to develop English literacy skills of Foundation Phase learners in low and no-fee government schools in and around Gauteng and the Western Cape. Help2read’s Vision is that all children will leave primary school literate. To achieve this, help2read provides one-on-one English literacy interventions by training volunteers and youth Literacy Tutors to assist in over-crowded primary schools, providing individual reading and literacy support to learners throughout the year.
Help2read seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator to be based in Cape Town, Western Cape.
The main purpose of this position is to train, support and coordinate the activities of the volunteers and Literacy Tutors delivering the help2read’s Volunteer Reading Champion and Literacy Tutor Programmes in the Western Cape. The Relationship Coordinator will be expected to spend 80% of his/her time in schools in Khayelitsha.
- Coordinate and deliver growth in quantity and quality of the help2read programmes in the Western Cape through (i) the active recruitment, training, support and retention of tutors, volunteers and schools within the region; (ii) the identification, development and maintenance of strong and mutually beneficial partnerships between help2read and partner schools, volunteers and civil society organizations committed to a common goal.
- Ensure the quality, performance efficiency and effectiveness of programmatic delivery of help2read’s programmes in schools, building and maintaining relationships with volunteers, schools, donors, partners and school sponsors to ensure the long-term sustainability of the programme and its impact in the communities and schools, and ensuring that the right ongoing training and support is provided to volunteers and tutors to help them work confidently and effectively with learners.
- Comprehensively implement the organisation’s programme administrative and monitoring systems and implement a structured and comprehensive internal evaluation programme.
- Contribute to the ideas, expansion, growth, performance and programme effectiveness, strategic positioning, brand development, community awareness and communication of help2read and its purpose so as to raise its profile and reach as both a thought and practice leader active in promoting literacy skills development and a love of reading amongst South Africa’s primary school children, their schools, families and communities.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Education/Youth Development or equivalent)
- Minimum three years’ experience in any of the above fields
- A valid drivers licence
- Experience working in NGOs (specifically education) and/or government would be an advantage
- Computer literacy: MS Office suite
- Competency in English and administration
- Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity and an avid reader.
Employment type: Full time, 1 year contract; renewable based on progress and performance; remuneration is negotiable (salary scale available from email@example.com) but is also dependent on experience and qualifications; commencement date is 1 June 2021.
Interested applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of application, clearly stating “Programme Coordinator”
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Should you not have heard from help2read by 30 April, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Help2read, refer to help2read.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies