MIET AFRICA is a sub recipient (SR) of NACOSA, the primary recipient (PR) of the Adolescent Girls and Young Women’s Programme (AGYW), In and Out of School of the Global Fund grant for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2022.
MIET AFRICA requires a Clinical Nurse to take responsibility for provision of biomedical services in the AGYW programme in Soshanguve Tshwane Sub-district One in Gauteng Province.
Employment Type: This is a contract position
Key Performance Tasks:
- Provide excellent adolescent and youth friendly health/clinical services to patients attending the mobile clinic/ safe spaces/ health facilities
- Work with patients and visitors on all health promoting issues including screening, counselling and education
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships across different government departments within the District and other stakeholders/partners
- Ensure effective and timeous planning, monitoring, and reporting on the programme including participating in the collection of data in the area of practice
- Degree / diploma in General Nursing Science and Midwifery
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council as Professional Nurse and Midwife
- Nurse Initiated Management of Antiretroviral Therapy (NIMART)
- Current SANC Receipt (2020)
- Minimum 3 years appropriate/recognizable experience in Nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing
- Proof of previous and current experience (Certificate of Service, to be stamped by relevant HR official must be attached).
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS and TB management; HIV counselling course or relevant HIV testing experience
- Relevant community nursing experience
- Experience of working with youth is desirable
- Ability to do health assessments, provide reproductive and sexuality education, provide counselling and advice
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures and good knowledge of all legal frameworks such as Nursing Act, Health Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Patients Right Charter, Batho Pele Principles, Public Service Regulations, Labour Relations Act etc.
- Ability to work in a team and network
- Good planning, organisation, report writing and problem-solving skills
- Sound interpersonal skills including negotiating, conflict management, and counselling skills
- Computer literate (MS Office package)
- Detail orientated and able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) isiZulu or Tswana and English
- A driver’s license would be advantageous
Interested applicants should email the following documents:
- A letter of application, clearly stating “AGYW CLINICAL NURSE, GP”
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of ID or passport
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of qualifications
- Copy of work permit (in the case of non-South Africans)
To: HR Department, MIET AFRICA
The remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about MIET Africa, refer to www.miet.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies