Wits Health Consortium
|Job title:||Grant Accountant|
|Type:||Permanent ☒ Fixed Term ☐ Temporary ☐|
|Main purpose of the job:||To lead the provision of effective operational support services to all staff and sites, specifically in the areas of financial management, donor liaison and organizational administration.|
|Closing date:||02 April 2021|
|Submit detailed CV to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advert reference number:||Grant Accountant: 02|
|In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto|
Key performance areas:
- Ensure adherence to the financial policies and procedures.
- Effective review and approval of general ledger entries, journal entries, audit files and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Effective management of accounting support staff.
- Budget preparation and management.
- Provide financial advice.
- Compile accurate and comprehensive financial and donor reports.
- Liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
- Effective compliance with donor requirements.
- Effective self-management.
Required minimum education and training:
BCom Accounting or equivalent
Required minimum work experience:
Minimum of 3 years financial reporting experience in a healthcare or donor funded environment.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Experience working in a donor funded organization/NGO will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and accounting package is desirable.
- Must have a dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with clients, donors and staff at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- The environment may at times be busy and need excellent management skills and attention to details.
- May be required to work overtime and to travel to various sites.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) will be required.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com. The subject heading of the email must read Grant Accountant:02 and the job title of position applying for. Please include the following documentation:
- A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
- A detailed CV