Population Services International (PSI)
Based in: Johannesburg/Pretoria
Reports to: Project Director
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). For 50 years we’ve worked to make it easier for people around the world to lead healthy lives. We approach care from the consumers’ perspective, improve the market for products and services, and develop solutions that make quality healthcare more affordable and accessible.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group of development entrepreneurs and professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing unique skills and experience to the job.
PSI is seeking to fill a Program Assistant position, providing operational and administrative support to PSI projects focused on increasing HIV testing, prevention and treatment among men broadly.
- Provide proactive administrative support to the project teams on communications, file management, travel, event planning, procurement, subawards, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for coordination of all project team tasks and requests.
- Manage project team communications, including development and circulation of meeting agendas, drafting and circulation of weekly updates, etc.
- Manage process and documentation for procurements and consultancies.
- Review and process subrecipient, vendor and consultant invoices.
- Support maintenance of internal management systems and tools, including trackers, schedules, contact lists, electronic filing system, etc.
- Schedule project calls, meetings and events and take notes as needed.
- Assist with travel arrangements, including flight/accommodation bookings, visa processing, scheduling of appointments, etc.
- Assist in drafting, editing, and updating of communications materials.
- Respond to internal/external requests for information.
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required.
What are we looking for?
- At least two years’ experience providing administrative support to a team, preferably in the context of large-donor-funded public health programs
- Ability to track and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to interact professionally with a variety of people and organisations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- English fluency required, fluency in other South African languages preferred.
What would get us excited?
You’re fanatical about the details. You like everything to be just right, and it bothers you if it’s not.
You can juggle multiple tasks. You’re energised by working on different projects and organised enough to track and manage everything.
You jump right in. You look at what needs to be done and don’t hesitate to get in there and do it.
You’re a good communicator. Whether it’s making a phone call, drafting an email, or making an announcement at a meeting, you’re clear and comfortable in expressing yourself.
You like working with people. You enjoy working in a diverse cultural environment with a range of team members and external stakeholders.
People with disabilities, that meet the requirements, are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 12 April 2021. All applications will be reviewed and considered; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, genetic information, or employment status.