Are you the right person to manage people AND things? Kids Haven is looking for an experienced manager who is able to lead a team of staff and volunteers to sort, allocate and market donations to improve the lives of beneficiaries and generate income for the Organization.
The Charity Shop and Resource Mobilization Manager is responsible for maximising the use of all donated new and second hand goods to Kids Haven.
The job requirements include, but are not limited to, the following key areas:
- Recruiting, training, directing, supervising, motivating and supporting donation-sorting staff and volunteers to receive, sort, and allocate donations received. Kids Haven operates a small warehouse and all sorting is done there.
- Liaising with departments in the Organization to ensure resources are allocated where needed and moving goods from the warehouse to the identifed departments at Kids Haven.
- Recruiting, training, directing, supervising, motivating and supporting retail staff and volunteers to run two charity shops and meet monthly sales targets.
- Responsible for selection, storage, pricing and merchandising of all donated goods to be placed in store and online for sale.
- Responsible for recording sales and other key information daily, managing expenditure and applying commercial judgement to increasing sales. This includes reporting to the Fundraising manager.
- Using technology-driven ideas, marketing skills and knowledge of e-retail and e-marketing to grow and extend sales of donated goods.
- Supporting and enabling the efforts of micro-enterprises to benefit from the sale of donated goods encouraging a win-win outcome for Kids Haven and these entrepreneurs. This includes developing such entrepreneurs within Kids Haven's youth beneficiaries.
The position is full time, Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm daily with one Saturday morning per month. Flexibility to plan and implement market involvement on weekends on occasion.
Kids Haven is located in Benoni, Ekurhuleni and this position would primarily suit an Ekurhuleni resident.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full job description for this position.
The knowledge and experience required includes the following:
- Relevant experience or business qualification - marketing, retail
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Working with and managing volunteers
- Computer literacy and ability to use e-mail, Word and Excel. Competency on Facebook and other social media
- Excellent numeracy skills, with clear understanding and control of budgets, procedures and processes and profitabilty
- Good communication skills
Please email a short CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 16 April 2021. Position is available immediately or from May 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.