Mould Empower Serve (MES)
MES is a Christian integrated social development organisation that has been changing the heart of the city since 1986 and has been actively working towards providing sustainable solutions to pervasive poverty in the inner cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Kempton Park in South Africa.
MES seeks to appoint a Fundraising Consultant to be based in Johannesburg.
The job purpose for the successful candidate will be responsible for raising funds for MES programmes with various donors across the country and globe. The role will be part-time, and the person can work remotely to be measured on meeting funding targets and paid on commission.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Remuneration: Commision Based
- Research potential donors whose philanthropic visions and values are in line with those of MES and their operational strategies.
- Prepare workable proposal for MES to potential donors. New leads converted due to roll-out of strategy.
- Use social media, in line with the PR and communications officer and the F&M manager, to identify and improve fundraising opportunities,
- Work with direct manager and team to come up with marketing material or leverage on existing material to use during fundraising exercises.
- Provide reports on donor and fundraising activities as required by direct manager.
- Keep records of all donors and fundraising activities conducted.
- Constantly communicate with potential and active donors as part of stakeholder management.
- Collaborate with manager and team to identify cost saving measures on current funding to allow better allocation and use of available funds.
- Post matric qualification in Marketing or Sales or related fields.
- Experience: at least one-year experience in Fundraising or Stakeholder Management. General knowledge of MS Office packages is a requirement.
- Soft skills: Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, good interpersonal skills and teamwork are critical requirements. Good organizational and self-management skills. Highest ethical standards are non-negotiable.
Corporate and Operational Work Ethos:
- Conduct business according to the agreed upon MES Heartbeat Values
- Submit monthly report on all activities conducted
- Attend the monthly Fundraising and Marketing meetings and other meetings scheduled to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure that accurate back-ups are done on all data
- Appropriate data capturing and recording of funding status utilising Salesforce
Due to new developments of the department duties might be renegotiated within a reasonable scope with the employee.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa will be considered for this position.
Apllications may be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries call Sylvia : 011 725 6531
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the MES, refer to https://www.backabuddy.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies