The Global Business Roundtable (GBR) was established on 21st August 2009. It started as a discussion forum as well as a support, networking and prayer group for people in business and various intellectual professions.
The GBR is a global business networking initiative which was prompted by a desire to start a prayer meeting group for people in business as well as to provide support for professionals in their various fields. The organisation is founded on Biblical principles and is inspired by God throughout the various initiatives it undertakes.
This global business networking initiative has experienced the great move of God and has seen an unprecedented exponential growth. The GBR now has thousands of members spread across several countries including The United States of America (USA), Spain, Thailand, Germany, Ghana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Sweden, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique, Nigeria, The Caribbean Islands, which make up 83 nations in total.
Based around the world, Global Business Roundtable (GBR) seeks to appoint:
BOARD OF ADVISORS (x6)
Global Business Roundtable seeks to appoint 6 experienced, strategic business management experts with international pedigree and experience. The Board Advisors of the Global Business Roundtable will be responsible for execution of the GBR mandate, strategic objectives and programmes in line with Board directives. Through strategic planning and oversight of systems, the Board Advisors will use their international and board experience to assist the GBR to grow and maintain its integrity of mission throughout. A successful candidate must have rich Christian experience with the testimony of integrity and be passionate about the love of a Christian God. Candidates will be informed about the ethos of the GBR during the recruitment process and should personally resonate with them.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Internal Organisational Leadership:
- Mission Stewardship: Work with MANCO and Staff to define the Organisation’s mission, communicate it effectively within the Roundtable so that it serves as an inspiration and guide and execute it.
- Values and Ethical Standards Management: Ensure adoption of appropriate values and ethical standards in all the Organisation’s business.
- Identity Management: Ensure proper care and development of the Organisation’s history, culture, reputation, and image.
Internal Organisational Management/Oversight:
- Make decisions that result in efficient and effective foundation functioning.
- Staff Management: Ensure staff is properly selected, guided and supported and that their professional development is natured.
- Financial Management: Work with ED and president to ensure asset investment management and financial administration strategies and systems that are effective and aligned to the GBR’ s vision/mission and help to achieve strategy implementation.
- Legal Issues Management: advise on legal strategies and systems that are effective and aligned with the foundation’s vision/mission and provide close guidance on achieving these roles.
External Organisation Management:
- Contribute to the dialogue, vision and direction of the pertinent global, national or local communities; for the fields of the GBR’s focus areas.
- Visionary Leadership: Contribute to the vision and thought leadership of the field of philanthropy and communicate this vision.
- Partnership Management: Work collaboratively with other private and/or public funders and grantees for greater social impact.
- Education and Public Engagement: Help shape the agenda and decision-making of government and other external stakeholders.
The Board of Advisors must meet the following criteria:
- GBR is a Christian-Faith and Kingdom mandate organisation, therefore the incumbent must be aligned with this requirement. The incumbent must have high ethics and integrity. Highly self-driven, entrepreneurial, where one delivers results continuously.
- Should have many years’ experience in senior leadership roles. Preferably this role is suitable for retired executives and professionals who wish to give back to society. Please note this position is voluntary and is reserved for those wishing to give back and share their expertise in a helpful and Godly manner.
- The following qualifications with proven track record are preferred: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Business, Strategy, Legal and other related fields. A post-graduate qualification in Business (MBA or equivalent) is an advantage.
- This role is most suitable for executives who have extensive networks, global exposure and wish to entrench ethics and morality in giving back to society through the growth of knowledge and sharing of experience.
This position is open to candidates of all nationalities, and multilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply.