Christel House South Africa
Christel House South Africa is a non-profit school with a single mission: to break the cycle of poverty. We offer no-fee scholarships to students from some of Cape Town's poorest neighbourhoods and support them for 19 years (Grade RR to Grade 12 and five years post matric) through character-based and career focused education. The school has a holistic R-12 education model that focuses on strong character development, complemented by regular health care, nutritious meals, guidance counselling, career planning, family assistance and college and careers support. Our beneficiaries include 760 students from grade R to 12, 250+ post-matric students and more than 3000 parents and other members of the communities we serve.
Christel House South Africa seeks to employ a Personal Assistant to the CEO to be based in Ottery, Cape Town.
Through a trust vehicle, all of Christel House SA's administrative and fundraising expenses are covered in perpetuity, enabling donors to be assured that 100% of their donations will go to programmes that support students.
Commencement Date:1 May 2021 or earlier
- Act as the point of contact between the Executives and internal/external clients
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Provision of administrative/secretarial support to the Executives
- Liaise with Leadership team, obtain relevant documentation, reports
- Taking notes (minutes) of meetings and distributing them
- Following up on actions from meetings
- Active diary management for the Executives including scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities.
- Making travel & logistic arrangements as necessary
- Coordinating and preparing of presentations.
- Arranging monthly staff events, sourcing venues for company functions.
- Assisting with marketing where required
- Designing of adverts and pamphlets and staff communications
- Communication with ISASA and SABISA
- Coordinate Health & Safety meetings maintain minutes and action logs
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Proactively assisting on any projects that may come up.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders on behalf of CEO
- Maintaining Board Information and preparing info packs, Powerpoint presentations as necessary
- Maintain office filing system
- Conserve executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Proven work experience as a personal assistant/ at least 5 years' experience within an Exec PA role
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- MS Office and English proficiency
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Senior certificate (Matric)
- PA diploma or certification would be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of SASPAC (optional)
- Professional & polite at all times
Your application should include a motivation letter explaining why you are suitable for the position, and a Curriculum Vitae (including the names and contact details of at least two references) and must reach the school before or on the closing date of the advertisement. Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources on 021-704-9424
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal