enke Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is seeking the services of an independent consultant with monitoring ad evaluation (M&E) expertise to assist with developing the narrative, impact measurement framework and measurement tools for enke’s updated Theory of Change.
enke: Make Your Mark is a leadership development and training organisation that generates and incubates youth-led social impact projects, developing the skills of youth to increase their effectiveness as leaders and ability to contribute to a positive future. We do this by connecting, equipping, and inspiring young people to implement social impact projects that tackle issues that affect their communities. This contributes to developing effective young leaders – youth who have the desire and capability to access post-school opportunities, whether that’s an internship, employment, entrepreneurship, or civic leadership.
Since 2009, we have trained over 5,000 youth, whose projects have had a positive impact on over 100,000 people in communities across South Africa. Additionally, through the shared experience of enke’s programs, youth become part of a community of diverse youth who are autonomously working towards achieving better futures for themselves and with each other. For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.org.za.
In 2020, the enke went through a process of developing an organisational Theory of Change (ToC), which collated previous programmatic theory of change and impact measurement frameworks. We seek a consultant to assist with building the theory of change by writing a researched narrative to support the ToC outcomes, designing an impact measurement framework, developing monitoring and evaluation tools, and providing training to enke: Make Your Mark staff in the use and maintenance of the developed tools. The work product will include field-testing of the M&E tools that are developed, as well as comprehensive training to develop the capacity of enke staff to effectively implement and manage monitoring, evaluation and learning processes that have been development.
Scope of Work
The deliverables required at the end of the project from the consultant are:
- A written narrative to support the enke 2020 Theory of Change Diagram. The narrative should include relevant literature review, describe the logic and/or theories that inform the theory of change, surface and address assumptions, and describe the desired outcomes.
- Development of impact measurement frameworks and tools for organisational activities informed by the Theory of Change.
- A presentation (10-20 slides) that summaries the narrative, impact measurement framework and overall outcomes.
- Development of a monitoring and evaluation policy, tools and processes to ensure the effective adoption, use and maintenance of the measurement frameworks.
- Training of organisational staff to build internal knowledge and capacity in monitoring and evaluation
The consultant will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Head of Programs, as well as other relevant staff team members. We would like this project to start in early/mid-March 2021 and require the final deliverables to be submitted by 30 April 2021 (timeline may be negotiable).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience developing theories of change and monitoring and evaluation tools for non-profit organisations
- Proven track record/experience in similar work (CVs of lead consultants providing relevant skills, competence and experience to be attached)
- Strong understanding of youth development sector and measurement
Interested and qualified consultants are requested to submit a detailed quote/proposal that includes the following:
- Proposed approach, activities and timeline for the project
- Detailed budget for the consulting project
- Please indicate personal and technical skills, qualifications, experience in similar consulting services and any other resources available (e.g. brochures, description of similar consulting services).
- At least 3 samples of M&E project work that has been undertaken by the consultant in the last 10 years.
- At least 3 references (names, company, phone number and email address)
Proposals / Quotes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 3 March 2021, at 20:00 SAST. You may also use this address for any questions you may have.
Submitted proposals will be adjudicated on the following criteria:
- Quality of Proposal Submission - Technical approach, methodology and level of understanding of the objectives of the assignment
- Professional experience of the consultant, demonstrated expertise in research and analysis and in evaluation capacity development work (CVs, etc.)
- Level of understanding of organisational capacity development and experience from strategic work
- Work plan/time scales given in the proposal and its adequacy to meet the assignment objectives
- Financial alignment with organisational budget with consideration of the offering that provides the best value.
- The top 3 proposals will be selected to interview and present their methodology to the organisation for final selection.
Please note the following:
- enke: Make Your Mark will not be liable to reimburse any costs incurred by applicants in preparing their proposals.
- Proposals received late shall not be considered under any circumstances. A proposal will be considered late if it arrives after 20:00 on/after the closing date.
- enke: Make Your Mark does not bind itself into making an appointment from proposals and offers received.
- enke: Make Your Mark reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel this request for proposals, presentations, and price, or not to make any appointment at all.
- Please note that any plagiarism of any sort contained within any bid or any other documents submitted to enke: Make Your Mark by any bidder will result in the disqualification of the respective bidder and may have legal ramifications.
- enke: Make Your Mark may request clarification or further information regarding any aspect of the bidder. The bidder must provide the requested information within forty-eight (48) hours after the request has been made; otherwise the bidder may be disqualified.
If you have any questions or need further information, please send to email@example.com with subject line
“SUBJECT: Query ToC Project – Company/Individual Name”
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities