Cape Town Multi Service Centre
The Cape Town Multi Service Centre, Child and Family Care and Early Childhood Development Centre (CTMSC) was established on 1 September 2004 to facilitate programmes and projects for street children, youths, and their families. It is a non-profit Organisation (NPO) registered with the Western Cape Government. CTMSC is subsidized by the Department of Social Development as a Child and Youth Centre (CYCC) for 35 boys aged 11 to 18 years old.
CTMSC seeks to appoint a registered social Worker to work in the field in Elsies River/ Salt River area and stationed at a primary school in respective areas.
This position will be probationary for a two-month period from April/May 2021 with the potential for full-time, permanent contract.
The purpose of the social worker is to render social work services within the Prevention and Early Intervention Programme of the organisation.
- Work within a MDT of community/field worker, Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW) and ECD teachers and aftercare staff.
- Facilitate psycho-educational life skills groups around topics such as anger management, self-awareness, resilience, peer-pressure, within the community but also at the CYCC etc
- Conduct individual therapeutic assessments and carrying out interventions with children (and their families)
- Make referrals to DSD (or other designated CPOs) of cases needing child protection or intervention.
- Compile a quarterly progress report for DSD on all services rendered each quarter.
- Conduct all administrative duties pertaining to individual/family cases, group-based and community-based interventions (with the assistance of the field workers and SAW)
- Record statistics
- Report on cases
- Manage filing system.
- Write referral letters.
- Provide schools with general feedback on cases of concern.
- At least 2-3 years work experience is required.
- Must be a qualified and registered social worker.
- Valid SACSSP membership/ Police Clearance
- Field practice experience in working with children is preferable (school, child, and youth care centre advantageous, etc.)
- Driver’s License and own vehicle is essential.
- Ability to communicate verbally in Afrikaans/ English.
To apply, submit a CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks of opportunity closing date.
For more information about the work we do - visit our website - www.ctmsc.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies