South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) Civil Society Forum
The SANAC Civil Society Forum (CSF) is a formal advisory body established in 2012 by the South African National AIDS Council to facilitate the participation of Civil Society Organisations and networks, including those representing People Living with HIV, in the HIV and AIDS and TB within the National HIV response and for the implementations thereof National Strategic Plan (NSP) 2012-2016 through Sectors.
The SANAC CSF aims to promote an inclusive, competent and responsive civil society that effectively serves the needs of the people of the South African communities, by linking and diversifying civil society actors, expanding the sectors and communities where civil society contributes, improving civil society organisations’ operations, and enhancing connections between civil society organisations with their stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Through the support of the Global Fund COVID 19 Response Mechanism the CSF Secretariat are excited to announce the following 3 short-term contracts.
The SANAC seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be based in Pretoria.
The purpose of this job is Under the overall guidance of the National Project Manager and direct supervision of the Project, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project
- Development of routine data quality assurance systems (RDQA) to support the project;
- Training of project staff and implementers on the RDQA
- Monitoring compliance to RDQA system through scheduled site visits
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing Monthly/Quarterly reports:
- Routine collection & analysis of different data generated through the Communities Platform
- Development of written reports assessing progress against targets, data quality assessments, and highlighting capacity gaps
- Technical support all 25 Global Fund Districts:
- Monitor the project activities on a regular basis
- Facilitate scheduled monthly M&E support sessions for the CSF & IPOs
- Deliver virtual and in-person training at district, provincial and national levels to improve data quality, monitoring and reporting
- Assist in the development of templates to support monitoring at site level
Required qualifications, skills & experience:
- Post graduate Degree
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work in a highly pressurized environment and travel locally
- 3 years relevant experience working in a similar role
- Experience working with multi stakeholder projects in the public sector and communities
- Experience in project management and research.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ICT skills
- Development of MIS software using database software (advantageous)
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software
- Strong Training, facilitation and research skills
- Driver’s license
In order to apply for either of the advertised posts, complete the following link: https://forms.gle/imSNu6KunSeSDZgS9 Detailed requirements and purpose of the role can be found below.
For more information about SANAC, refer to https://sanac.org.za/
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies