Aquity Innovations NPC
Monitoring & Evaluations Director – Head Office ( Gauteng, Pretoria)
AQUITY Innovations NPC is a registered company which works on several issues related to Public Health, to assist the Southern Africa health community in building its response to health and social development challenges. Our vision is to Strengthen Health Systems and Empower Southern Africa Communities.
AQUITY is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of M&E Director for an upcoming project to Improve Mental Health and HIV/TB Service integration in South Africa.The M&E Director will work under the supervision of the Chief of Party to oversee the monitoring, evaluation, and data solutions of the project. He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning (MERL) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, data management, data quality control and use, and evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate, and complete reporting. The M&E Director, directs and supervises M&E technical staff, liaise with and support M&E capacity of the partners, and the Department of Health.
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project M&E technical strategies and activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the M&E Plan, Performance Monitoring Plan, indicators and Performance Evaluation related activities such baseline, mid-term, and end-line assessment, impact evaluations, and other rapid/special studies.
- Develop and set up systems including tools for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meets Department of Health (DoH) and CDC reporting requirements.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification and validation procedures including routine data quality audits carried out throughout the project lifecycle.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of DOH staff, and improving alignment and support to DoH M&E systems/database.
- Lead the data analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of the results at the program level of significant findings to drive appropriate programmatic improvement and strategic decisions.
- Ensure the updating of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting templates/databases according to DoH and the Funder’s reporting requirements.
- Supervise and work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with DoH and CDC/PEPFAR requirements.
- Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research efforts, preferably with respect to public health, and particularly in mental health, HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects.
- Ability to conduct data analysis (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Report writing and analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Experienced in working on DoH data systems (web-DHIS, Tier.net, HPRS, SyNCH, EDR-web, Surveillance/Notification system) and USG reporting system (DATIM)
- Computer literate -ability to use Windows MS- Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams, and data management/statistical software program (such as Redcap, SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info etc.); experience in training others in their use is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Proficiency in English
- Valid South African driver’s license
The position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa, and will be the overall project lead. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 25th February 2021. No emailed submissions will be accepted.