The Kuhluka Movement aims to address women rights issues such as gender-based violence through interrogating, deciphering, and understanding our cultural practices, while advocating and harnessing the original positive beliefs and customs that will on one hand eliminate GBV against women, and on the other hand provide a safe and protective environment for the healing of survivors of violence.
Kuhluka seeks to appoint an Advocacy and Research Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
Who will manage a variety of engagements and initiatives on Gender based violence, contribute to policy, advocacy, research and communications. This includes coordinating and developing the policy aspects of the programme, research, network and management of partnerships.
Reports to: Managing Director
Start Date: 1 March 2021
Duration: 1 year, renewable based on performance
Employment Type: Full Time
- Support the development of the programme strategy and implementation.
- Coordinate and manage the project in 3 countries.
- Support the conceptualization, design and implementation of research.
- Conduct and coordinate relevant research.
- Engage with various stakeholders (internal & external) and building relationships.
- Conduct and coordinate policy analysis of local and international issues.
- Support resource mobilization and communities
- Write documents, proposals and research reports.
- Support the daily activities of the MD
- Collate and create monthly reports and similar documents to support senior managers and Executive Management meetings.
- Organize workshops, conferences, and debates which address issues of GBV
- Honours degree in Social sciences or any other related field of study
- Research background
- Experience in supporting senior executives in an international non-profit organisation.
- At least five years’ experience in managing and undertaking research on Gender and developmental issues.
- Fluent in English and two or three South African languages
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Interested parties should submit CV applications, together with a letter of motivation to email@example.com
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date please consider the position filled
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about, Kuhluka Movement refer to https://kuhluka.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies