Yabonga Childrens Project
Yabonga Children's Project is a Cape Town-based non-governmental organisation supporting people living with HIV. South Africa and operate in seven township communities around the city. Drawing on family, community and state structures, Yabonga offers a comprehensive model of care for vulnerable children and youth. In providing holistic support, we stimulate healthy emotional, social and academic development, and build capacity to lead productive lives.
Yabonga seeks to appoint a 4-month Maternity position for Child and Youth Care Worker, based in Mfuleni.
This person will be responsible for assisting a Community Mother and Area Supervisor with psychosocial and nutritional support.
- Psychosocial Support for our Children within the programme,
- Assisting with Circles of Support and Awareness programmes
- Educational Support- Assisting with homework
- Life skills support – Coordinating programme
General duties – Assisting with reporting and attendance registers, planning of programme, networking , ensuring beneficiaries wellbeing
- Child and Youth Care worker qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience with children and understanding of Children’s Act
- Fluency in English and IsiXhosa (Read, write and verbal communication)
- Well presented
- Strong commitment
- Motivational skills and be head strong
- Must have a great interest in community and child development
- Highly flexible and ability to work in a demanding environment
- Problem solving capabilities
- High work ethic
- Ability to travel to and from Khayelitsha if needed
To apply, submit your comprehensive CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal