SRHR Africa Trust
SAT is an affirmative action employer and particularly encourages applications by women and by people living with HIV. SAT also promotes the safeguarding of minors, at-risk adults, beneficiaries of SAT’s programming, and or any persons coming into contact with SAT and its stakeholders. SAT does not discriminate on any grounds including race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, or birth.
SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) supports adolescents and young people in southern Africa to walk healthy, happy, confident, and safe pathways to adulthood. We’re a 30 year old NGO, focused on young people, SRHR, and the drivers of adolescent health and wellness. All our programming is with young people and through young people, and our youth hubs and partner organisations link young people to one another, as well as linking them to health services, governments, the African Union Commission, and global agencies.
SRHR Africa Trust seeks to appoint a Acting Regional Operations/Project Manager to be based in Gauteng.
Duration: February-November 2021 – part or full-time – flexible geography
- We currently seek the short-term services of a dynamic, focused, experienced Project Manager/Operations Manager to oversee all our regional operations,
- Logistics, and project management and delivery as we transition from one from a successful strategy delivery to a new strategy.
- Transitions involve both opportunity and risk and we seek a hands-on,
- Detail-focused, manager, full, or part-time to support us in the new strategy.
- The correct candidate will work with the Senior Managers, and all staff to facilitate effective operational delivery of projects, processes, and infrastructure to support the end phase of the current strategy and the beginning of the new one.
- The focus will be on managing the technical & logistical components of region-wide operational and development activities, reporting, deadlines, project management, schedules, and managing all administration.
You’re a detailed person who juggles schedules, budgets, admin, reporting, relationships, and, above all, managing delivery. Ideally, you’ll have:
- A Postgraduate University degree in Business Management, Commerce or Finance, and ideally experience or qualifications in Development, Public Health or equivalent.
- 5-7 years managerial experience, at least 3 of which at a senior level, preferably in the health or development sector, including project management experience and experience. You’ve supervised seasoned staff operating multiple human services programme across a broad geography, and you can balance the delivery of programs against the realities of the budget.
- Knowledge and experience of donors/sector stakeholders/subject matter experts, SRHR sector trends, Budget and Procurement Management,
- Understand and have experience managing Governance Compliance (including King III(
- Be competent in procedure management, problem-solving, planning, quality management, and relationship management.
- Have excellent communications skills, including report extensive report writing, and high flexibility of task fulfillment.
If you are interested in this position, please send a short motivating letter together with your CV and three contactable reference names to Christina Magoro at email@example.com.
For more information on SAT, go to www.satregional.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies