|Critical performance areas
- Management of the Mobile Clinic
- Client Assessment and Treatment
- Health Education
- Statistics and Reporting
|Purpose of Position
|This position is responsible for ensuring the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Health Care Service for the Pebbles Project.
|Management of the Mobile Clinic
- Manage the daily operations of the Pebbles Project Mobile clinic in Clanwilliam
- Develop a structured schedule for mobile visits and health training
- Order pharmaceuticals and consumables
- Implement Health and Safety protocols
- Ensure and maintain a clean working environment
- Collaborate and partner with stakeholders/ NPO’s/NGO’s
Client Assessment and Treatment
- Provide acute, preventative and promotive primary health care.
- Ensure clinical intervention to clients including administering and dispensing of prescribed medication and on-going observation of patients in the Pebbles Project Mobile Clinic.
- Refer clients for 2nd opinion or treatment to the local clinic or preferred private practitioner.
- Provide adult and children Wellness Screening including the screening for lifestyle, infectious and communicable diseases.
- Ensure proper utilization and safekeeping of pharmaceutical and consumable stock.
- Display concern for patients, promoting and advocating proper treatment and care including awareness and willingness to respond to patients’ needs.
- Design and present wellness, healthy lifestyle and hygiene workshops.
- Design and present sexual health workshops to teenagers and adults.
- Design and present the Pregnant Mother Baby Box Programme.
Statistics and Reporting
- Keep accurate patient records.
- Ensure and maintain the confidentiality of patient records
- Keep accurate statistics daily.
- Compile monthly statistical reports to relevant stakeholders
- Compile quarterly report to relevant funders.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to service development by identifying gaps in initiative implementation.
- Assist the Clinic Manager with the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for the effective monitoring of the relevant services.
- Take overall responsibility for the timely (monthly) sharing of M&E information to the Cluster management system.
- Maintain and update current KPI’s for the relevant initiatives under the guidance of the Clinic Manager.
- Build capacity of direct reports through training to ensure the implementation of new initiative monitoring tools and the quality of data collected.
- To report to the Department of Health when required.
- To facilitate and coordinate the health activities of the Mobile Clinic.
- To manage stock control.
- Attend meetings and correspondence telephonically or via e-mail.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders.
|Protecting babies, children and young people from child abuse and neglect is integral to the work of the Pebbles Project
|The Pebbles Project Trust has zero-tolerance for child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect are integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.