Call for Expression of interest (EOI) by Community based organizations for demand creation of VMMC services
Jhpiego is implementing an award with funding from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase access to high quality voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) services to improve HIV prevention in several high priority districts in South Africa.
Jhpiego seeks to engage local community based organizations in the relevant district/s via a targeted performance based award to not only increase demand for VMMC, but also ensure that clients undergo VMMC services in these districts of KZN and Western Cape provinces:
|AbaQulusi (Vryheid, Mondlo)
-eDumbe (Dumbe, Louwsburg)
|Western Cape||City Of Cape Town||
Jhpiego seeks organizations with existing community networks and experience in VMMC programs, but organizations with other relevant experience in HIV prevention, HIV testing, community demand generation or other community health programs are encouraged to apply.
The organization must be registered by the relevant government authorities, Organizations should demonstrate capacity to reach men between the ages of 15 years and above years with effective social mobilization and behaviour change strategies. Applicants should also demonstrate experience working with the DOH, district health management teams and traditional stakeholders and leaders.
Applicants should clearly specify the geographical areas they will focus on within in these District of KZN and Western Cape Province. All proposals must demonstrate clear and actionable strategies for reaching youth and men with messaging to increase uptake of VMMC.
Summary of Award Criteria
- A legally registered entity in South Africa
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in working in the areas of VMMC, HIV prevention, or other community health services targeting men
- Demonstrated capacity to manage grant funds. Sterling record for integrity and compliance with funding regulations. Experience administering PEPFAR funded grants is preferred.
- Demonstrated ties with local communities or local presence within the district applied for.
- Commitment to working closely with Jhpiego to coordinate activities at the district and site level
- Commitment to achieving the activities proposed and sharing performance data with Jhpiego
- Commitment to collaborating with Jhpiego's technical, administrative, and financial teams to support organizational management, including participation in orientations and training.
Interested parties should contact Jhpiego at ProcurementBidsZA@jhpiego.org to receive the full Call for Applications and instructions on how to complete an EOI template for the specific district.
Questions regarding the expression of interest must be submitted by the 15th January 2020 EOIs are due to Jhpiego by 22nd January 2020
Submission of application to be submitted to : ZAProcurement@jhpiego.org
NOTE: Jhpiego reserves the right to consider or reject your proposal