SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER, GROW GREAT CAMPAIGN
Based in Midrand, Grow Great, a campaign aimed at galvanizing South Africa towards a national commitment to zero stunting by 2030, is recruiting for a social media officer to manage the campaign’s social media pages.
The Social Media Officer will report to the Communications Specialist and will be responsible for:
Designing and implementing campaign and program social media strategies
Creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers on across all social media platforms.
Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews. Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily.
Track social media statistics and report on success of every social media campaign.
Design and co-administer Flourish franchisee Facebook pages, including, but not limited to:
- Content development for franchisee Facebook pages
- Ensuring brand alignment across franchisee Facebook pages
- Providing feedback to franchisees regarding how their Facebook pages are performing
- Supporting franchisees to run engaging Facebook pages that translate to increased demand for their classes
Keeping abreast of latest digital technologies and social media trends.
The ability to be an active and collegial team player and demonstrate flexibility to provide support across the campaign’s strategies is essential to success in this role. In addition, the successful applicant will have the following skillsets & characteristics:
- Proven work experience in social media
- Hands on experience in content creation and management
- Ability to design creative, engaging, and useful content: skilled in copywriting, basic graphic design, photo and video editing
- Knowledge of digital channels and trends Efficiency in adobe and canva
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree/diploma in communication, marketing or relevant field
- Eloquent and friendly person who will present a positive impression of Flourish and Grow Great Ability to work alone; yet also as an effective member of a team to achieve an end goal.
- Fluency in more than one South African language; fluency in SeSotho, isiXhosa, Afrikaans, isiZulu, IsiSwati and Xitsonga strongly preferred.
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to the values & mission of Grow Great Staunch commitment to social justice
- Knowledge of Health/ECD sector and NGO and/ or community based organisation experience will be advantageous
Based in Gauteng
If you meet the above requirements and feel equipped for this exciting position, please submit a 1-page cover letter & CV (with the title of the role in the subject line) to email@example.com by 31 January 2021. For more information on Grow Great, visit www.growgreat.co.za
Please note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. We reserve the right not to fill the position.