South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)
SOUTH AFRICAN MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL
PROJECT AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING OFFICE, CAPE TOWN
Key to the role of the Project Accountant is financial and project management of specific projects at the corporate level. The position manages, develops and controls, to ensure the integrity and timely provision of financial management and corporate reporting, including budgeting, forecasting specific projects.
- 3-year Accounting degree or 4-year accounting diploma 5 to 8 years’ accounting and reporting experience
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proven track record in financial management, and preparation and monitoring of large amounts of external funding
- Advanced experience in MS Excel, proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills and a strong analytical mind are pre-requisites, as the role require
- Excellent organizational skills
- five-year contract
- salary R361 043 per annum.
For the full details of this post and the application procedure, please see the full advertisements under “Jobs” on the MRC website at: www.samrc.ac.za
Closing date: 6 January 2021