Endangered Wildlife Trust
The Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) is a nonprofit organisation that works to conserving threatened species and ecosystems in southern Africa to the benefit of all people.
EWT seeks to appoint a Governance and Compliance Administrator to be based at the EWT Conservation Campus in Midrand, South Africa.
The purpose of the job is looking for a highly efficient, organised and professional person to support the governance and compliance function in the EWT with a particular focus on managing procurement and overseeing B-BBEE compliance. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of highly efficient systems that ensure maximum productivity and streamlined workflow. Additional tasks will include managing an online document database, document analysis, meeting management and minute taking, as well as providing support in a range of other governance-related tasks. This includes leading the EWT's transformation plan and strategy and ensuring that donor contractual requirements are met.
- Develop and implement a procurement process that manages and maintains the procurement and related B-BBEE needs of the EWT.
- Review and analysis of all Contractual Agreements of vendors/ suppliers and providers at regular intervals.
- Participate in the review and or development of contracts and agreements and ensure that contractual obligations are met by all parties.
- Build and maintain relations with a portfolio of suppliers; identifying means to reduce costs and opportunities to affect savings.
- Identify transformation opportunities and develop a risk mitigation plan.
- Support the governance functions in the EWT by providing highly efficient administrative support where required.
- Manage high-level meetings in the EWT which includes taking minutes and managing meeting administrative tasks.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and competencies required:
- A degree in a relevant field such as Law, Commerce, Business Administration or Business Management
- Excellent knowledge of the B-BBEE Code of Good Practice and Governance processes and practice.
- Flawless writing skills
- Ability to stick to deadlines and self-manage
- Demonstrated experience in procurement systems
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and analytical thinking abilities
- Proven ability to project manage and develop strategy and systems
- Strong interpersonal and management skills and experience.
- Computer literacy in relation to Office applications (word processing, spreadsheets) as well as the use of the internet and online communication tools, with excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Disciplined, self-motivated, innovative, and energetic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be collaborative, diplomatic, assertive Proactive, and innovative thinker.
- Results-oriented and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
To apply, please email your CV and a detailed letter of motivation of why you are the best candidate for this position to Alison Janicke, the Head of Resource Development, email@example.com.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 10 working days of the closing date must please assume that their application was not successful. The EWT reserves the right not to make an appointment. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The Endangered Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about the Endangered Wildlife Trust, refer to www.ewt.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies