CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
CIVICUS is seeks to appoint Grants and Budget Coordinator to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of this job to support the provision of financial assistance to members and partners of the CIVICUS alliance, including those working in restrictive funding environments and providing financial management and guidance in budgeting and control. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing large and complex organisation budgets, managing partner grants, and a firm grasp of the challenges and opportunities related to civil society resourcing. The incumbent will be a qualified accountant (CCAB) with advanced skills in Excel and financial data visualisation and analysis. Understanding of donor requirements and compliance issues is also a requirement. The position will sit in the Finance Cluster and work closely with the operations/contracts team and programme leads.
- Professionally qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA, etc.)
- 5-7 years working experience in financial environment; with at least 2 years direct experience coordinating non-profit international grant making programmes to support civil society actors
- Applicants should be aware of the challenges and opportunities related to civil society resourcing, especially related to supporting smaller, less formal groups in the Global South, and in restrictive funding environments.
- Experience working with multiple donors and multi country funding and a sound understanding of donor rules and regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and work plan management skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced spreadsheet and data analysis skills.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should comprise of:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 14th December 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.