The NACCW is an independent Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) in South Africa which provides the professional training and infrastructure to promote healthy child and youth development and improve standards of protection, care and treatment for orphaned, vulnerable and at-risk children and youth in family, community, educational and residential group care settings.
NACCW seeks to appoint a Senior Mentor to be based in Western Cape.
The successful incumbent will be appointed until 31 August 2021. This is an internal and external advert.
The purpose of the position is to provide support and guidance to mentors and stakeholders in the implementation of the Isibindi Impilo Model.
Provides technical support in the replication of the Isibindi Impilo model:
- Manages the NACCW aspects of the implementation of Isibindi Impilo projects
- Provides technical support on programmatic components
- Manages and supervises a team of mentors
- Provides consultative, on-line and distant supervision to mentors as required
- Conducts Quality Assurance processes
- Conducts and/or supports the orientation of new mentors
- Participate in performance appraisals of Mentors
- Oversees hosting at Isibindi Impilo sites
- Responsible for the continuous professional development of the mentor team
- Designs and conducts relevant in-service training for mentor team and at Isibindi Impilo sites
- Analyses M&E data to inform decision-making on the provision of project support & management
- Analyses project needs & develops strategies to meet these
- Identifies grassroots needs and communicates these to the Senior Program manager
- Provides support to mentors and project personnel in times of crisis
- Mediates between different NACCW departments and the mentor teams
- Collates and disseminates information to mentors to influence service delivery
- Represents the NACCW at provincial / national meetings
- Network and consults with relevant stakeholders internal and/or external
- Plans, attends and facilitates relevant stakeholder meetings
- Oversees the coordination and management of networking platforms for linkages for services
- Adheres to SOP’s
- Planning diary and monthly activity schedule for self and mentors
- Report writing
- Analysis of relevant reports
- 5 years relevant experience
- Diploma or Degree in CYCW or Social Work
- Registered with SACSSP
- Must have very good computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressured environment in order to deliver under tight deadlines
- Pays careful attention to detail
- A drivers’ license is essential
Detailed curriculum vitae highlighting required skills as advertised must be submitted by 16H00 on Friday 27 November 2020 quoting the reference number REF NO: IISM/WC/1120 on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will take place immediately after shortlisting has been done. Shortlisted candidates must ensure that they are available for interviews.
- NACCW will not cover relocation costs.
NACCW RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
For more about NACCW, refer to http www.naccw.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies