Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint an experienced Maths Lab Manager based at Ukanyo Primary School in Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
Job Purpose the Maths Lab Manager oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the Maths Lab and also plans for and prepares for the ongoing expansion of the programme.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Developing and maintaining good, working relationships with teachers and the management of Ukhanyo Primary School.
- Mentoring and supporting teachers in teaching of mathematics. This includes, but is not limited to, modelling lessons to teachers.
- Developing and maintaining good, working relationships with teachers and mentoring them into “the Maths Lab way”. This includes, but is not limited to, modelling the “Maths Lab way” to teachers.
- Ensuring that the "Maths Lab way" teaching, learning and related resources are aligned with the national CAPS curriculum. This includes creating lesson plans and accompanying resources if the Maths Lab curriculum expands to any other grades in the future.
- Mentoring and managing the assistants in the Maths Lab, including supporting them in modelling the “Maths Lab way” lessons based on the national CAPS curriculum and the core values of the Maths Lab. It includes and doing their annual reviews of teaching assistants.
- Implementing a programme of after-school Maths clubs.
- Finance : Drawing up and managing the Maths Lab budget.
- Completing and submitting monthly petty cash spreadsheets.
- Assisting Masicorp staff to maintain a public profile of the Maths Lab.
- This includes providing news updates and photographs that can be used in blogs and writing an annual review of the Maths Lab.
- Assisting the fundraising team through explaining the function of the Maths Lab to people (funders, volunteers, new staff, friends of Masicorp) who visit the lab.
- Designing and implementing a programme of monitoring and evaluation in order to ensure the continual improvement of the work of the “Maths Lab way”.
- Educational background with an understanding of how to implement curriculum in a practical, hands-on way. This person needs to be a good leader who understands how to encourage, mentor and empower those Maths Lab teachers and assistants that are involved in the programme. This person needs to be a servant leader who understands the importance of developing relationships that foster collaboration and mutual respect.
- Involvement in the educational field for several years. Has successfully taken leadership in educational settings.
- This person should have: interpersonal relationship skills, Maths skills, leadership skills, visionary skills, problem solving skills, teaching skills
- Problem solver, thinker, visionary, amiable, reliable, creative, leader, able to confront if necessary, enjoys working with children as well as adults
Your application should comprise of
- A cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- A comprehensive CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
Contract length: 12 months with the option of renewal
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Masicorp, refer to https://www.masicorp.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/vacancies